1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting antidepressants

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Nyu, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyu

    Nyu Well-Known Member

    I just turned 18 about 5 months ago and was wondering what steps i would have to take to get into therapy and/or medication for a very low price ( in u.s.) since I'm pretty poor. things have gotten pretty bad that i can hardly get out of bed for school and ive been wanting to go in for help for awhile but was unable to since i was underage and my mom wouldnt let me. now that's changed. Does anyone have any advice on this?
  2. KittyGirl

    KittyGirl Well-Known Member

    Sorry, I don't know how to go about it in the states. :(

    I'm sure there must be *some* sort of program now, that will get you help with it.
    Maybe look up any adult mental health clinics in your area and give them a call to ask your questions?
  3. Domo

    Domo Well-Known Member

    I'm not sure how it works in the states either, but just go see your family doctor, he can talk to you and prescribe something and give you a referral to a psychologist and/or psychiatrist.

    SOme therapists work on a sliding scale, so if you don't make a lot of money, they won't charge you a lot. Or there are some free councelling services, although the wait on them might be a bit long.
  4. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    Yes your regular doctor can prescribe antidepressants Your school will have councillors to talk to Universities in your area will have graduating students in the field of psychology who take on pt for little to no payment ask around okay see whats out there in your community as well call mental health for that take care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.