Getting back in shape

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Dude, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Dude

Dude New Member

These past few years have been very stressful and hard on me, so it's kinda easy to see why I neglected my health. I used to be all about keeping my body in shape and eating right, but I ended up foolishly substituting those things for laziness and bad decisions...not a good trade off. So starting tomorrow, its my path to redemption. I will stop making excuses, I will make my plans/goals/ambitions come to fruition, and I WILL stay committed and see this through. No matter what.

No smoking
    No drinking
    No sugar/junk food

Eat healthy
    Lots of runs
    Bodyweight exercises
    Sleep.Sleep.Sleep.Sleep.Sleep.

2. crunchie

crunchie Well-Known Member

I´m working on the same, started on tuesday. Joined a course, where we can support each other in the trip towards healtier living!

I wish you the best of luck, it´s a great change!!

3. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

Outstanding! It helps!

4. Crimson Tears

Crimson Tears Active Member

Don't forget to find things that will keep you motivated or inspire you towards your goals.

Best of luck to you

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I would wish you luck, but it doesn't sound like you need it..more like .. way to go! :) And keep your determination and keep us updated!

6. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Why no weight lifting? Bodyweight exercises are ok.. but... you really should hit the dumb/kettle/barbells. Having strength will do you a great deal more good than having endurance. I recommend taking up crossfit. That gets most athletes to the middle ground

7. Rechir

Rechir Member

Its a really good for your health, just stay motivated and live a happy life. A fitness program and a healthy diet are a successful recipe for a healthier life. Cardio are good for health, keep doing positive activities.

8. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

Good for you! How is it going?
    Clean Eating/ Weight Training and Cardio is the way to go!

9. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

i wish you lots of luck and hope it goes okay for you