Getting Commited?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by M!ke, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M!ke

M!ke Well-Known Member

Can I refuse getting committed for suicide and win???

2. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I have no idea.

But, let me ask you this? Are you talking about them putting you into a mental health facility for treatment, because you are suicidal?

Cause if that is what you are talking about, then in once sense, yes you will win.

Perhaps not as you can see it now. but once you are discharged, you will be a new man, ready to take on life as life brings it.

3. M!ke

M!ke Well-Known Member

:'P I don't want to change. lol Nor do i want pills forcing me to feel good. hahaha Not for me. Yeah for suicidal reasons.

4. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

That is how I figured you would respond. And that is ok. Right now, whether you believe it or not, there is a part of you that wants to get better or you would not be posting here.

Read this, this may help.

http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=64770

5. M!ke

M!ke Well-Known Member

lol I don't want to pay for the meds and bills for help I didn't want. o_O That is crazy!!!

6. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

If you're "committed for suicide" you can't refuse. They can hospitalize you without your permission for being suicidal or homicidal, because you're temporarily insane. So no, you don't win. I suggest getting some help, talking to someone, and not swallowing the pills. Good luck!

7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I agree. What you are experiencing, TRUST ME, is temporary. You may not want the help, but you will feel so much better once you get it.

8. M!ke

M!ke Well-Known Member

wow... That sux... Can I sue if they try to bill me??? hahaha. xD

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You can be committed without your consent and you may be placed in a state hospital. No you cannot sue them for the cost. You bear the responsibility of all costs incurred whether the commital is voluntary or involuntary. i am sorry to see from the posts you have made around the forum, that you find this to be funny. Maybe that is the only way you can deal with your issues. I think that if you were not reaching out for help, you would not have joined the forum. I do hope you get the support and help you need to make your life better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.