Getting disperate...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by claudiuuuu, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claudiuuuu

claudiuuuu Member

Hi again... Its been a while since I wrote on this forum... I began consulting a psychologist 1 week ago... And it only told me things that I allready knew... I'm cutting myself again with no reason.. I just feel a need in me to do it.. I dont know what to do.. In the last week I cut myself 5 times... I just feel si depresed and empty... And im so stresed cuz of my bad grades at school and scared when mom will find out.. I realy dont know what to do... Any sugestions?.. Im starting to give up my life.. I lost all hope.. Somethimes I like to be this way...
    P.s: Im sorry 4 my spelling...
  2. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

I loved how you referred to the psychologist as "it". Haha, I'm sure it's just a spelling mistake, but still funny.

Now, getting more serious, unfortunately the time scale with psychology is almost always in months or years. You can't expect a week's session(s) is going to solve you're problems. It's like seeing someone who has lost weight. The people who lived with the person don't see the difference as that dramatic, because the changes that happened were small, but if someone who hasn't seen the person in a while sees them again, they immediately see the difference. Small steps forward don't feel like much if you compare it to the previous week, but add them all together over a longer time, the difference may be huge!

Hope you feel better soon!

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Be patient, be honest and be compassionate towards yourself and takes time and work and I hope you find relief...all the best, J
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Give the therapy a chance.. They have to build a bond with you so they can come up with a treatment plan.. It takes a little while..Just be honest with them or they can't help you..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.