1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting harder.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ateg, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ateg

ateg Member

I was in here awhile back but wasn't quite comfortable then, not sure if I am now but here goes anyhow.

I've tried to make my life better and myself lately and attempt to change things. I've tried being more open to family, friends, and co-workers. I've started reading again, which has been one of my great passions. I'm trying to get out more. Just trying to be, well, happy. But it isn't working.

Just as a general back story. I am now 24 years old. I've been feeling this way for between. 8 years with it progressively getting worse over the past 3 years. I was injured when I was 14 that left me with nerve damage in one leg, I can still walk, it just causes a lot of pain. I lost my nephew whom I was closest to in 2002. This would be my first major thought of committing suicide, where I was in the restroom with a bottle of pills. I have developed several medical conditions, one being on my skin where I must cover up 8 months out of the year.

I hate feeling the way I do, I know I shouldn't. On the outside I smile, I joke, I tell people my day is great. On the inside though, it's dark. I want to burst out yell, cry, something...anything. Even though in the last month my life seems to have gotten what many people would see as better and I see why they would, but I would honestly throw it all away, close my eyes and fade away if I could.

I know this might be a little hard to get for some, but if you do understand what I am trying to say, and might have some suggestions that I might not have tried. I would be thankful for a pm with any.

Thank You.

2. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

all i can say is we are here for you if you need us.

3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I have sent you a PM, sorry it is a bit long but I am trying to help and want to give you as many suggestions as possible.

Take care and hope to hear back from you,
    Bambi

4. ateg

ateg Member

Thank you, I may not reply on the actual board much, but I am here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.