getting help advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have a fear of psychiatrists. I finally started going to one so I could get meds to treat my ADHD, but in order to not prolong the visit I lied about history of depression, suicidal thoughts, drug use, etc. because I was ok at the time. but now I'm not ok. I don't know what to do about it. I'm afraid to tell the truth but I'm also afraid to not get help. any advice?

I'm afraid he'll take me off my ADHD meds, or he'll want to put me on a bunch of other meds, or he'll want me to change my plans for the summer/school year. I'm supposed to go work on a big research project far from where my doctor is.

The only way you can get the help you need is to be honest with them about what you said, believe me they will understand.

They are there to listen and support you, that is their job. If you explain why you said those things I am sure they will understand trust me, and then you will feel a lot better about the situation =)

Viro

Your psych will understand when you say that you weren't comfortable saying it before. I did the same thing - I think there's a natural desire to appear fine, even when you should be seeking help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00