getting hit on... don't like it, but kinda wish...

boo

I heard on a radio show that young women feel violated when someone takes a look at them. But when they get older and less attractive they wish that someone would give attention.
That's the case with most women. Unlike men who tend to look better with age, women don't age as well.

No offense, but girls that get lots of attention and get flirt alot with tend to develop a pretentious ego. Especially girls that dress way too sexy but then act so offended when someone is staring at her. Please.

Domo

I don't get any attention so bleh. Sometimes it would be nice but i am too dysfunctional to be in a relationship so it's for the best.

Breathe

Do you get hit on alot/very little/never?
I get hit on alot : / i'm the sterotype average weight girl, big chest with long blonde hair and blue eyes. From compliments to out right guys saying i should be their girlfriend and hitting on me when i am just trying to drink my coffee before college >.<

Does/would it boost your confidence?
If its compliments yes or little flirts but when they get too out going and right in your face or touching you it kind makes me retreat into my self and find a excuse to get the heck out of there.

Do you like it? (is it weird to hate it, but want it?)
Some times i find it intrusive when they get right in your face to flirt or you know they expect something in return or you know they want something. One incident i have yesterday was heart warming, walking through my city centre when a man stopped in front of me said "sweetheart your beautiful" smiled and carried on. Really lifted my spirits.
Though tbh i usual withdraw in myself when i get compliments even from my boyfriend... its just i feel guilty in enjoying someone calling me beautiful and hot. Learnt i shouldnt have a high view of myself and to accept compliments like that is agreeing to them.

I never get hit on! I definitely think it would boost my confidence if I did even though I hate being hit on! I feel the same as you. I dont like it but I wish it would happen at least once!

No_Life

as a guy, i've always found myself a lot more attracted to more conservative looking shy girls then scantily dressed ones that to me look slutty. not that i'd ever have the confidence to approach anyone in person anyway :(

fisch

If I was out of love I'd approach the cute, casual girl. I've always preferred tomboys, girls with a bit of character. Though if I did that I'd subconsciously be looking for a relationship.

My best friend and I were talking about this engineering girl at uni who's in the year below us. She's really pretty in a girl-next-door English kind of a way, but she's basically a female nerd (no specs though). She dresses in combat trousers and checkered shirts. But whereas I find it intriguing that she's like that, my friend would prefer her to be more dolled up.

I'm not immune, though, to the charms of the 'little black dress' girl in a club. But I'm always really conscious of other people in the club thinking I'm a lech for approaching her. So if I do approach her, I make it less seedy by self-consciously making jokes or just grinning like an idiot.

Daijou

My question for the guys:
Do you prefer(to approach) 'sexy' girls/girls who dress provocatively or 'cute' girls/girls who seem more casual?
The answer seems pretty obvious, but I'll ask anyways. And why?
I honestly prefer the quiet and sensitive girls. Sure, the ones that are always out there trying to get attention will get it, and I'll most likely notice them (since that's what they're after), but they're too wild or energetic for me. I'd rather be with a girl that's fine with cuddling on the couch and staying at home instead of going out in partying all the time. From my experience, the girls who aren't always putting themselves in the center of attention are almost always more worth it than the 'sexy' girls. A lot more personality as well, plus I usually share more interests with that type, so getting along is easier.

I'm just too shy to ever make a move.. >.<

Blue_Sky

My questions for the ladies:
Do you get hit on alot/very little/never?
Does/would it boost your confidence?
Do you like it? (is it weird to hate it, but want it?)
I never get hit on. I'm not really sure I understand why, i'm thin, I have a large bust, but the only compliments I recieve come from women. I used to work at a retirement community and the old men there would compliment me, older people would tell me I have a pretty face, but guys my age ignore me, they give me nothing, i've never been asked out. I don't know why i'm so repulsive to them. I guess its cause I never wear makeup and I cover myself from neck to toe because I don't have good skin. I think it's really all about how you dress. They can also probably pick up a bad vibe from me so they stay away. But whatever, I don't care, I like being by myself.

I don't care to have attention from people so it is a relief that no one pays me any attention, but something would be nice I think it would help a little with confidence, I wouldn't base my confidence on it like some women do.

I think I would like it if it was genuine and sincere, not vulger.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00