Getting into bad habits *triggers*

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by secondhand_chances, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. secondhand_chances

secondhand_chances New Member

I started cutting about 5 years ago and about 2 years in I stopped completely. I hadnt cut myself ar all untill the other day. I cut and now I just can't get it out of my head. It seems that I just want to do it all the time now. I know I can't let it get bad because when i stopped cutting I did it because I had 176 cuts on my body at one time from one cutting session. I really don't want it to get that bad again, but I just don't know if I want it to stop completely. I don't know what to do to prevent it from getting bad again.

2. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I have experience that as well, stopped for few years then recently i started again. From my experience, it was so hard to restarted because i was scared it might get out of hand but i did it any way because emotionally i felt i needed it. Finding a way to stop now would be to look at why you need to stop and does it really help you at the end of the day. It can be addictive when started and breaking away from it can be difficult but not impossible. good luck and keep well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.