Getting into the hospital... A sensible way

Abibug

I know I need to go, but my foster parents think I'm just trying to get attention. They won't admit me. I don't want to talk to anyone to get in but because I'm a minor I don't believe I can admit my self because I'm under the age of eighteen. I thought about simply calling the police but I'm not sure they would take me. They would probably call my parents or something. My second thought was to publicize the pain in making it obvious I need to go but that would only be proving my foster parents right. I don't know what to do but I know I need to make a decision. I'm afraid of what I might do if I let my thoughts run there course, but I don't want to hurry into a situation that might backfire either. I feel out of control and can't think straight and need some advice on what other ways I can use to get in without my parents having to admit me.
Thanks,
Abigail

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey @Abibug . What did you end up doing?
What about writing a pros/cons list. What you want from hospital, what you want from home. Why you want to go to hospital, what exactly it will help with. And give it to your foster mum to read. Also, sometimes what is needed is more support at the moment. Is there a way to give yourself more support? Do you have a therapist/crisis support team that you could call just to talk, or can you ask for that? Can you ask for help to figure out exactly what is going on and what you want to do about that and how to get it?
Sending loads and loads of hugs your way
You're super special and courageous.

Abibug

Thanks Walker. I'm doing a lot better although still a bit overwhelmed. I was having a rough time but now that I'm back in school I think it's having a much more positive effect on me. I felt lonely and really sad and out of cobtrol. But now it's settled down a bit. Thanks everyone for the replies and checking on me. It's nice to know people care. *hug

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks Walker. I'm doing a lot better although still a bit overwhelmed. I was having a rough time but now that I'm back in school I think it's having a much more positive effect on me. I felt lonely and really sad and out of cobtrol. But now it's settled down a bit. Thanks everyone for the replies and checking on me. It's nice to know people care. *hug
I'm glad to hear that you are doing better Abi. Remember you can always chat with us and talk about what is going on. We care about you.

Mylife

I know I need to go, but my foster parents think I'm just trying to get attention. They won't admit me. I don't want to talk to anyone to get in but because I'm a minor I don't believe I can admit my self because I'm under the age of eighteen. I thought about simply calling the police but I'm not sure they would take me. They would probably call my parents or something. My second thought was to publicize the pain in making it obvious I need to go but that would only be proving my foster parents right. I don't know what to do but I know I need to make a decision. I'm afraid of what I might do if I let my thoughts run there course, but I don't want to hurry into a situation that might backfire either. I feel out of control and can't think straight and need some advice on what other ways I can use to get in without my parents having to admit me.
Thanks,
Abigail
Hi Abi ❤️ Do you have a case worker you can call for help?

Glad to hear that things are better than they were.

You might still want to call 211, or visit 211.org, or call a crisis line (as dodge mentioned) to get info about hospitalization. If you've got a plan in place to get to the hospital if you need to go, that might make things easier if you ever need to go in the future. Those resources might also help you to get some treatment that will prevent your from needing to go to the hospital in the first place.

Not all hospitals are equally good, so doing some research on the options might be worthwhile.

Hugs

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
Haven't seen you around Abi in a couple days, I hope you are doing better.
P.s I seen you got like 5 emojis in the chatroom now under Abi, I am kind of jealous lol/

memyselfand1

University Student
It depends on the crisis line you are talking about because my low crisis team are a shit they wouldn’t come out until too late and calling Samaritains’s is great 👍 thumbs up for it but they do not the resources as it’s listening service and if you are crisis with your mental health then distractions have time and place, mindfulness and thinking and changing reactions about itnt the time, save those for when you are feeling better or for milder situations .

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00