Getting naked infront of strangers?!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by KittyGirl, Mar 19, 2010.

1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

so, I'm still here.
    I went for a long sleep and woke up a bit refreshed...

A local author is helping to produce the sequel to the movie based on one of his books. He used to come into the video store that I worked at last year; and I was probably one of the only locals who was hard-core enough to pay $23 to see a special screening of the first movie in the city when it first came out. XD
    He signed me ticket stub!

Anyways... I went to a camera test; and cold read today. The shooting of the movie isn't for a few months; but this pre-production stuff needed to get taken care of a.s.a.p.- I guess.
    I'm only an extra. I've got no lines, but it's fuckin' awesome because I'm going to be in a film- of my favourite movie genres! ZOMBIES!

I've been to 2 screen/makeup tests and normally they are very simple processes. The makeup for THIS particular role took much longer than I expected; AND I had to strip down to my underwear. ><
    I had NO idea I was going to be so naked- so I wasn't prepared.
    ...I was wearing my hello kitty underwear and got teased soo badly by the crew. lol Yes. I'm almost 22, and I wear hello kitty panties. lemme alone!!
    (the character I'm playing is 16; apparently. -__-)

So- just a quick thought about getting naked infront of complete strangers...
    oddly enough; I didn't feel as awkward as I ever did getting naked infront of my partner.
    I remember being really uncomfortable getting changed for gym class in school-- I'd get changed in a washroom stall; rather than the locker room.
    Maybe it was just the foggy mood I've been in all day...?

Well- that was my day.
    And on a side note; today was my mother's birthday. I made her cupcakes! the end!!
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

some people are comfortable with their body so getting naked doesn't bother them myself god help the person who would have to see this body ahahah
  3. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

congratulations on an awesome day

i think you weren't so uncomfortable because there was no potential intimacy there

i was in a competitive drum and bugle corps (think high school band with only brass) and we had to all get changed into and out of our uniforms on the buses - you get over being body shy after awhile

went to school with a bunch of people who've been in movies and tv (including my high school principal - which was weird)

now i'll add you to the list
  4. daniel2

daniel2 Banned Member

ok so I had to reply - hello kitty panties! :rofl: thanks for the chuckle
  5. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

these posts should include some kind of pictures with them
  6. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

lol!! yeah right! XD
  7. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member