getting no better...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sophiethecat2003, May 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone...posting again as my Body Dismorphia is completely out of control. I don't know how I can carry on. Anyone with BD on site? I am very close to the edge, the only thing that is stopping me is my lovely partner and fab friends. I can't engage with anything and just mope around all day waiting for bedtime so I can go to bed and not sleep. My business is going down the pan, I have orders and I just can't get on with them. I am taking 20mg of Citalopram and hoping it kicks in soon, mental health care in the Uk is rubbish.

I am convinced that my BDD problem, my eye bags are getting worse daily, and because I cried a few weeks ago they have not gone back.

I am constantly checking mirrors and having to take valium to calm me. I am taking sleeping tablets, which my partner has hidden. Also hid the valium and just gives it me when I need it which can be daily. I am in a real mess and don't know what to do next or how to survive this terrible illness. I don't have any fight left.

Please help....
    Sophie ☺ xx
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is hard to keep fighting the battle but that is when you reach out to your doctor keep doc updated on how you are feeling
    I am glad you have support to help you with your meds Hope you meds kick in soon to give you some relieve from the sadness
  3. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Well-Known Member

I have some BDD tendencies - diagnosis according to one therapist but not according to another. Really needs expert professional help. I know that might be hard to find in the UK. Can you find a therapist that at least does CBT? Support groups? It's a dangerous, under recognized aspect of mental health and I hope you get the help you need Sophie. There are also work books, self help kind of books that may help, The Broken Mirror being one.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You are an amazing person and friend, I have just sent you a private message, I care about you so much. You WILL get through this hun.

:hugs: :hugs:
  5. afterlifepig

afterlifepig Well-Known Member

i have some bdd tendencies, always looking in the mirror ...

i've come to realize that basically i don't look right unless i'm bald

finally tho i have come to accept my appearance sort of ... i look a little bit different than "normal" ppl but still okay, my appearance probably won't hurt my chances of a decent relationship ... i just have to get my head shaved once a week
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.