Getting off booze

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ~Jaded~, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Jaded~

~Jaded~ Active Member

I'm not sure what I can do anymore, the drugs I can manage, might have some weed tonight, might not, and probably have some morphine later in the week, so long as the package makes it through, but the drugs are honestly under control. The drinking is starting to become a massive problem thought, and I'm not sure what to do about it. Today I've been through 2 liters of cider, and half a bottle of lambrini, Susan found the bottles, but I lied to her and said the cider bottle was form a few days ago. Had to tell the truth about the lambrini, needed to keep drinking it. It's the only thing that stops me from off-ing myself right now. How do I stop this? I know I need to cut down, or stop entirely, but I really am addicted to it. I can't tell my therapist, she'd have to refer me somewhere else, cos she doesn't do risk management. and I know that I need it, but I don't want it. Please help me. The drugs I can handle on my own, but I need some advice or support on the alcohol, how do people get of this? It's horrible and I don't want to be like this. I hate myself, but I just can't stop. I'm so sorry. Such a fucking mess : (

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

get addiction councilling get your doctor to order you a medication campril i think it is called to decrease the urge to drink attend AA meetings

3. ~Jaded~

~Jaded~ Active Member

Campril sounds kinda scary, but I'd be open to taking it, is there anyone else here who's tried it? Dose it work? Cos at this point I'd be willing to try anything, it sounds like it could be bad depression is listed in the side effects, and I'm already pretty depressed and worried that it might just make things worse. Is the depression just caused by the stopping drinking, or do the meds actually make things worse?

AA I would not be open to at all, the 12 step program and all the "giving yourself up to a greater power" just freaks me out, it almost sounds like a religion, or a cult. I gave up on religion a few years ago when I went in to hospital... some of the things I saw it there were just plain wrong, things that people should never have to see. At that point I decided that there was no God, if there was, then he would have not let those things happen. Again, has anyone been to AA, is it as bad as it sounds?

4. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

never heard of Campril but there are other ones if that is no good.

i would never try AA either because you saare just relpleacing one adidction (booze) with another 9(reigion)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.