Getting Out Of The House

How often do you go out socially? (aside from work/school/uni)

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frequently - A few times a week

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Sometimes - Once a week

• Occassionally - Every two or three weeks

• Rarely - Once in a couple months

• Almost Never - Once in several months

• Never

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetItGo

Staff Alumni
How hard do you find it? Im struggling hard to get the motivation to get out there.

Please answer the above poll, and also tell us what you get up too.

Out with friends clubbing, or going to cafes/restaurants, exhibitions, community events, sport, concerts, movies, the pub, exercise (running/walking) etc.

When you do go out, which one of those do you spend most of your time doing?

Last edited by a moderator:

oscilate

Lately I've been going out once every weekend, but I think its only because my friends are getting worried about me ever since my gf dumped me. They never paid attention to my depression until now :dry:. We usually will see a movie or just hang out/smoke pot. During the weekdays I usually go to school then go home and alternate between sleeping and going on the computer until I'm too tired.

I think I've only been out "socially" 2 times in the last year, once a friend drug me out to a bar and the other my mother had me go to her boyfriends cook out. :unsure:

I go out all the time! I went through a stage were i just wanted to stay home but once you get out there you will see how much it brightens your life. There are some amazing people out there, things to see, places to go.

F

Fishman

I go out usally a few time a week/ once a day. But that doesn't mean that I get much social contact most of it is just walking for enjoyment and exercise.

ColdSummer

I have no friends, if I go out it's ually by myself and only to a shop or school. Having a social phobia makes it very hard and I dont do anything unless I HAVE to.

Beattles

i try to get out as much as possible. i know being at home isnt going to be good for me mentally, besides i have work to go to, and if i dont do that, i wont have no money for food and stuff like that.

G

ggg456

I spend lots of time outside doing absolutely nothing sometimes, I don't know how many hours I've spent on London public transport in my life, I think it's a lot... :wallbash:

When I enjoy going outside is when I make an effort to myself feel things instead of floating up above my head. I hate floating. I hate feeling so disconnected from myself and feeling like the mindless zombies that I see on buses. Sometimes I look just like those mindless zombies. Recently I think I look very hard- lately I've been looking at my reflection and I look so old and hardened by things. It's difficult to see me like that because sometimes I look very excitable and alive, but recently, I have this dead cold stare outside recently.

What do I do? I just like wandering around. Galleries are fun places to watch people- I used to love going to art galleries at times mainly to watch the people and how they reacted to things, to figure out who is there out of cultural duty or who is there because they are genuinely gaining something out of it and enjoying it..

Otherwise I just like wandering around, great fun. I used to tape sounds to make collages and film a lot/perform outside. Right now I just write, I prefer writing ideas for now. This place has lots of crevices and hidey-holes and weird places that are great to explore if I get off the stupid routes on buses that I'm so used to.

Last edited:

Nessarose

Once every few months I'll see a movie with my brother or go to my cousins' or something. Sometimes I go on short walks. My social life is non-existent, and I'm not exaggerating. It's been like this for a few years.

Something about friendships/ relationships in general repels me. I'll do anything to get out of them.

hammockmonkey

i socialize about everyday. i mean, i try too talk to a couple of people a day. i go out to party and get down a couple of times (maybe) a week. but, i dunno shit. somedays i'm just walking around not talking to anyone. doesn't really bother me as long as i can get out for a bit.

bleach

Once every couple months. Used to be more often but I don't have the energy or the heart for it anymore. It just wracks my nerves and leaves me disappointed in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00