Getting over Depression.....

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Dave2312uk, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave2312uk

Dave2312uk Member

Hey viewer, Thx for taking some time to read,

Ok the basics are here really...

Was with this girl for a good 8 or 9 months...then I ended it because all we ever do is argue :sad: and she was really restrictive, like paranoid over every little thing I did :( I couldnt go out, use msn or even go the shop without loads of questions as she was that paranoid of loosing me...She seem'd to think I'd meet someone new and better all the time, even tho I kept telling her she was my world, I thought she would eventually trust me, but after 8 months she was getting worse, so I ended it....

Well Now its really hard, I miss her like crazy, cant stop thinking about her and crying...really annoying tbh, sick of drying my eyes :(...anyway once we'd broken up, she tried to get her own back by telling me she'd slept with sum1 else 2 days after we'd broken up, that just made me wanna die tbh :( WEll anyway we got over all the attempting to make the other one feel like crap...and according to her she didnt sleep with him, she just kissed him...Ok I guess that aint too bad she's moving on aye :) and im happy for her I guess :( ....well since we split up, she's admitted to have cheating on me four times while we were together...kissed one guy on the lips as "just to say bye" <--her words....Then the other she kissed on the first day of meeting him, she tried to snog him, but he pulled away...the other two, were wen we had split up a couple of times....

She says thats all she ever did, she never slept with anyone but yh ok...its just sooo hard watching her move on with someone else..she has a new bf and a new life begging, I basically have nothing :( WHich makes it even harder, no1 to turn to dosen't help really...anyway...

The reason I post is to see if anyone has any ways of getting over her and to stop myself feeling sooo depressed, I've tried blasting music down my ears (used to work when we'd had arguments as it helped me feel better) now it dosen't help really..just makes me ears hurt :p Also I've tried going out with friends playing a bit of pool, all i can think about is her though, she's the only thing on my mind constantly, and it hurts really bad :(

So if anyone's had an experience like this and did something to get over there ex or knows ways of stopping feeling soo down i'd be very greatful...

For the records im only 17 , so dont recommend drink as i cant ;) also I cant stop talking to her, its too hard as i keep worrying if she's ok, as she is also really depressed even tho she has a new guy, she tried slittin her wrists. she's allways cut herself, so i have to be here for her...she needs my support still through the bad times :) she had a really rubbish past so i wanna still be her friend

So anything I can try much appreciated...

Thx Dave

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Hey there.

How often do you speak with her?

It seems like you ended it with her pretty recentley. Since you have alot of emotional connections with her, it's always gonna be difficult to move on but that doesn't mean you can't. Time really is a big factor but also by trying to get on with your life and hanging with friends, etc you will get over this.

I guess the thing is, if she wants you around as a friend, then so be it but if she doesn't, then there's nothing much you can do about that.

3. Dave2312uk

Dave2312uk Member

Hi there, thx for ur reply :)

well we broke up 4 days ago now...we did try not speaking at all, but all i could think about was her..and whether she is ok :( so i had to get in contact :S

I think i'll just have to give it time :( Like do things to take my mind off it :)

Dave

4. Anime-Zodiac

Hi Dave.

Yeah, I think you should give it more time. It's just been 4 days and things need to settle down.
    I know how tough it must be but i'm sure you can overcome this. The fact that she cheated on you kinda says that your better of with someone else. Unless when she cheated on you, she was drunk or under some sort of influence but otherwise there's no real excuse.

Anyways, I hope it all works out for you.

5. Dave2312uk

Dave2312uk Member

Thx mystic Eyes :) I hope i do over come this horrible feeling :( I really need something to do, like instead of the playing music extra loud, or going out with friends, as that dosen't work :(

6. Anime-Zodiac

Do you have any other interests and hobbies that you could be doing in your spare time? What about watching one of your favourite movies.

7. Dave2312uk

Dave2312uk Member

lol, the werid thing is i watched my favorite film with her in the past...its actually Happy Gilmore with Adam Sandler....Hobbies, erm, well I like to cycle alot, dont play football, i play computer a bit aswel....I dunno i'll find something I guess :) thx :)

Dave

8. Anime-Zodiac

No problem. Exercise is a good way to keep things of your mind. Since there is abit of summer sunshine still around in England, perhaps go for a nice, chilled out bike ride some where.

Anyways take care and see you around the forum.

9. Dave2312uk

Dave2312uk Member

lol, sun, Where i live, people don't know what the sun is :p since we never see it :) anyway, thx for your advice :) Take care yourself :) And see you around :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.