1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Over It

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by PoetMan, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PoetMan

PoetMan Well-Known Member

This is for the benefit of everyone.

Obviously I'm not healthy yet. I may never be healthy. But I'm not giving up. I'm learning to live with schizoid illness as a part of my life, but I'm not defining my life by my illness. Here are some of the things I have done in the past few months to get over my suicidal behavior and depression.

1) I got a diagnosis with medication and therapy.

2) I defined my life in terms I can accept. I am a man, I'm an American, and I'm a Christian, and in that order so I have no doubts where my loyalties lie. I'm an asexual. I'm a writer. I'm a certified genius. Those are the dimensions that make up me.

3) I made a promise to my friends and family never to attempt suicide again. I realized that I'm not the only one who's hurt by my actions and I owe the people I care about more than a big fat corpse.

4) I got the scars on my wrists tattooed in so that I'll always have a reminder of my promise.

5) I stopped thinking of myself as a victim. Sure I've got problems, but who doesn't? They can always be worse, so I make time to be hapy for what I've got and stop whining so much, because nobody else wants to hear it.

6) I made long term plans so that I have a purpose for my life. I'm about to graduate from college and go get a job. That's the scariest thing I've ever had to do, but I know based on my past successes that I can do it.

These may not all be possible or desirable for all of you, but they are what's keeping me going right now, so I thought I should share them with you.

2. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

As odd as this sounds, I think I love you for saying all that... :shy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.