getting over lost love

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fedup, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fedup

fedup Member

my ex dumped me after cheating on me some time ago, 11 months nearly, but it still makes me cry. i try and tell myself that hell never have someone asa good as me again, but ive found out to day he has a 'lovely lass' his words, which is good after 'all the badness there was before' now i know how that might sound and that it was my fault, but i wasnt even in the country. any way the point is i cant get over it, and that combined with some other stuff just makes me want to end it all but im afraid. i have no friends left and im sick of trying. how come its all going so well for him and not for me? hes the cheater.

2. gwalchmei

gwalchmei Well-Known Member

I know a little bit about how you feel. My wife left me for another man while she was away in Kuwait (she's a civilian employee of the Army). It looks like she's been seeing other guys around her office here, as well. After 10 years and a child together, how could she do this? People have been telling me how I should be dealing with this, but my head can't connect to my heart. Why do people wreck other peoples' lives so much, and so easily?

3. gwalchmei

gwalchmei Well-Known Member

fedup,
    Sorry you are going through this. I know for a while it will seem like the cheater is "triumphant", but if there is any justice in the world, then "what comes around will go around". You do have friends here in this forum. I know it seems like you will never get over it (I feel the same thing), but sometimes it helps to just vent and let it all out to friends. It doesn't have to be about "advice", either. Sometimes just letting it out to someone who is sympathetic can help. I know that the moderators and others here are really helpful. You have a friend in me and the others here, okay?

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Can so relate, my hubby just walked out without any warning after 10 years and like you it seems everything is going swimmingly for him; while I'm left an emotional wreck.

I guess it's cos they don't give a shit, but I agree with the comment 'what goes around etc' and am sure he'll get his eventually.

Meanwhile we broken hearts have each other to talk to and maybe help mend each other.

This will pass given time, all pain and grief passes with the passage of time, we just need some help getting over the worst of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.