Getting over the jerks! *triggering

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by jameslyons, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I confronted a possible abuser last night. My father.

The guy is either abused me and doesn't want to come clean or talk about it, or he's a total narcissitic ass. Either way, I'm done with him...what a dick!

Imagine your children telling you that they've been molested. Then imagine you telling them that you want them to tell you how you can help them deal with depression..

It's like, hello, asshole. I just said I was abused as a kid. I don't give a shit about depression right now.

Imagine then telling your kid that your concerned about them for making up fantasy...

I mean, I understand why you'd be offended if you were confronted..but wouldn't you also be interested in supporting the person through their grief?

He tried to tie himself to me in a power upheavel which is either an example of the old abuses or a narcissist that can only deal with people through power games.

I hung up on him, and wow surprise surprise. What he had said made me feel depressed and guilty instead of angry.

But I didn't do anything, went to sleep, woke up and I'm still angry at him and not myself. That guy is crazy and he can go the way of the dodo in my lfe.

2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Good for you ok.

I have parents/have known people just like that. That was so brave of you to confront him.

Him talking about his depression, yeah what a prick. Take care of yourself. That was huge what you did.
  3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

It was brave and courageous of you to confront your father. Some people are just weak and lame huh.
  4. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

The first thing i have to say is: *rolls around laughing on the floor*. Sorry, I'm okay now. they way you said all of that was just really funny. But, seriously, Im sorry that shit happened. Its always frustrating. Just remember that you are never to blame. Its 'the jerks' as you put it. *grins*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.