Getting over wanting to die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gotten over this or knows someone who has? I mean really wanting to die. Not just maybe I'll do it, maybe I wont. Really being determined to die. Having a method and everything. Having a date set, goodbyes written, research done, took care of whatever needed to be taken care of. Someone who has done this all and still managed to get out of it. I'm just curious.

Hoasis

Yeah man, I remember I saw on Oprah once this guy who had jumped off Golden Gate to committ suicide, and then right after he jumped he changed his mind, he suddenly wanted to live and was able to land a way that he survived the jump. He, was, as far as I remember doing well now and doing some talks I think about life...not really sure but its a true story!

Kathy

I know so many people that have attempted suicide and seen there lives improved, me included.

My suicide attempt was pretty half hearted I guess. I'm still not sure what went through my head or whether I really wanted to die, but I did end up in hospital.

However my boyfriend has attempted suicide 6 times. Extremely serious attempts. Planned ones, that landed him in a coma. He doesn't want to die anymore. I'm not saying his life is a walk in the park because it's not, he still has off days and days where he needs help but all in all he's so much better. It is possible, you just have to wait for the "better" to come.

He's not the only person I know like that. One of my close friends is getting discharged this week from a psychiatric hospital after being there 3 months. He went from a suicide attempt landing him in an ICU and then a psych ward, to being so much happier.

That's just two examples. It's most definatly possible if you give it a chance and get the right help. :hug:

However my boyfriend has attempted suicide 6 times. Extremely serious attempts. Planned ones, that landed him in a coma. He doesn't want to die anymore. I'm not saying his life is a walk in the park because it's not, he still has off days and days where he needs help but all in all he's so much better. It is possible, you just have to wait for the "better" to come.
Has he really gotten over wanting to die or just gave up? I haven't attempted yet but can imagine it being extremly frustrating and heart breaking to have a failed attempt. 6 is really a lot.

Madam Mim

My sister used to be extremely suicidal, with two serious attempts. However, following the birth of her daughter everything changed and she's a different person now. I suppose it's all about finding the right thing to live for.

Mim

Socialman

I really think it depends on how much money you have for therapy. I have zilch for therapy. Zilch for plastic surgery and the support I get from my family is minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00