Getting scared -possible TRIGGER-

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Thechildwithin42, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I added the -possible TRIGGER- mainly for better safe than sorry. I'm bad about judging what's triggering or not.

Lately, I've been scared about my self-harm. Like I'm afraid I won't be able to stop. I worry that if I cut or whatever I won't be able to stop. That I'll take it too far. So then I try to put it off, but the tension only makes me want to do it more. And it's always worse at night. I try doing something else to replace it (for me writing either on myself with red pens or just writting my thoughts) usually helps. But lately...not so much. And I hate feeling like I'm failing myself each night I can't get through without doing it.

2. scarlettdrknss

scarlettdrknss Well-Known Member

That's pretty common by cutting or self harm in general. You feel like you have to do it to release the stress and are afraid of losing control because it is addictive. But you can stop. If you really have the will to stop, you can. But you need to be a hundred percent sure and have to keep that thought. Giving in wouldn't help at all. You could try doing more sport/excersize, it also refreshes the mind. Just trying doing everything that lifts your mood and lessens stress and keep writing. And you will be able to stop. You are in control : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.