Getting Sectioned

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Neverhappyalwayssad, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

I was just wondering how one might go about getting sectioned. My parents want me out of the house and Im feeling if I do get out of the house for the weekend like they want I will commit suicide hastly making a mess and I really don't want there to be a mess to clean up. Would I go to a hospital ER? or go to a psych ward and also I don't want my parents to find out. Rather do this on my own instead of having my parents come visit me.

2. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

In the US going to the emergency room is sufficient to being admitted after a psych evaluation (The term sectioned is not used in the US so I assume you are from UK, Canada, etc) Also here you can tell the people in the psych unit you do not want your parents to come. I assume what is true here is similar to where you live.

3. Neverhappyalwayssad

Yea I went to the ER, and I'm from the US but I've heard alot of people using that word on that forum so I fiqured that was what it was called. I ended up going to an ER, and they had me waiting to get a psych asessment which didn't take long(waiting 4 the asessment took forever), then they told me to call someone on monday since they had no beds in the psych wards down here. So its like wtf? I go down there to volunter myself and they end up sending me home. But it did make me feel better just being there without anyone I knew knowing I was there.

4. GA_lost

The wait is far too common. I have waited close to 12 hours to get everything straight. Surprised they would send you home though. Here in Maryland if someone is suicidal, they will keep you in a room that is not a psych unit until they find a bed at that hospital or a different hospital. Keep yourself safe.

5. Neverhappyalwayssad

They said since i wasn't in "crisis mode" (ea I didn't come in overdosed or with deep cuts" that they could send me home and have myself call a psych ward. But if i wasn't in crisis mode why did i go to the ER? Oh well just gettign there by myself and not having someone else take me is a good feeling and I'm feeling good right now. But when I went in I was doing terrible, on the way there was very close to driving into a pole. So it was crisis mode for me guess I should have told them that.

6. GA_lost

This is a good example of not enough funding for psych programs. Keep yourself safe and to hell with these state legislatures that do not budget enough.

7. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

Here people get put into the psych ward by the Mental Hygien Officer... The officer would talk with you and if you needed/wanted put into the hospital they would have you put in.. Theres also just calling up/showing up at the hospital and booking yourself in for their services - at least you can at the psych wards here. You just go in and admit yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.