Getting Teased...how to handle it

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Jagroen, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Jagroen

Jagroen Well-Known Member

I have someone thats always on my mind, and even tho she has a BF..i still wish i could be with her...today she teased me by telling me her BF and her's "behind closed door issues"
    it hurts that i feel like its teasing me

how should i handle it without over thinking it and going crazy

2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it's teasing. Are you friends with her? If so, how much time do you spend with her? Perhaps if you are friends and spend a fair bit of time together, that can be restricted. Her telling you about her and her BF's private issues, is a touch unfair on him, she should be discussing that with him as it doesn't concern anyone else.

I personally think you should consider some sort of self-disciplined distancing, not being around her more than you have to. It seems more like a crush and they do fade over time. She might be having issues with her BF, and even just need a sounding board, but while you are feeling this, it's something that I would recommend she talks to someone else over.

You could always try talking this through with her and face up to the likelihood of rejection. Which one is more important? Letting a crush on someone consume you to the point it controls how you think/feel/act, or being more in control of your life and able to just keep her at arms length?

3. Jagroen

Jagroen Well-Known Member

Well we were talking today and her "BF" and her havent considered themselves in a relationship because he doesnt want one right now, but she knows he cares for her
    I respect her, trying to be there for her...i just took it the wrong way because she is the only person ive been actually able to trust in a very long time...just mixed emotions

4. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

By trusting someone we generally hold them in high regard. At least you're aware it could be only a misunderstanding, resolved in the main with a bit of communication. It's a wonderful tool if used wisely, is communication.

5. Kirovski22

Kirovski22 Active Member

If it was me i'd play along and treat it like it's nothing to do with you. If you can't handle it tell her you're unable to deal with it right now so she won't go on about it. Because when someone sees that another person is interested in what they say they will go on and on and keep coming back. Or you could just politely say "i'm sorry but I can't listen to this it's hurting me" and be honest otherwise she will never know how you feel