getting the urge again

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by AJAY, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJAY

AJAY New Member

i am starting to feel the urge to start self harming again but this time i really want to make a mark, i normally scratch my arms n legs also been known to burn but this time i want to cut deep into my arm soo much

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi AJAY and welcome...is there a reason why you desire to SH has increased now? Please post and let us know what is going on for you...welcome again, J

3. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I am going on experience here. I just recently was self injuring. It started out as mild cuts then got much worse, as like you I wanted deeper. So I cut deeper, struck a vein once almost killed myself, after other cuts I hit a nerve and now half of my left hand is numb, it's been a week like this. Just remember any act of self injury has it's consequences whether physical, or emotional.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Instead of self harming how about self nurturing how about doing something kind for you that brings you joy and happiness okay There are ways to stop the self harming distractions ect. first thing is to get away from where you are go for awalk get rid of whatever you have that self harms Call a friend
    do something for you okay just for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.