1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Through the Past

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mpang123, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

At age 15, I had a psychotic breakdown where I had signs of paranoid delusions and hallucinations. I was on very primitive meds back then and they only made me walk like a zombie, so groggy that I would walk into walls, and have restlessness like crazy. I couldn't sit still in class and had to wander aroung the camputs to get rid of my agitation. I had to present a note to all my teachers that I'm not well and they all acknowledged it. I was so out of touch with myself that I only had one friend that I can open up to. When I barely graduated from high school. that's when I was officially diagnosed with chronic paranoid schizophrenia. I didn't even know what that was. I thought I had multiple personalities until I read up on my diagnosis and it described me to a T. Anyway, I never acted on my suicidal ideations (which I never told anyone about) until I had bipolar symptoms. For years and years I kept attempting one after another. The doctors didn't know what to do with me anymore. I felt like a lost cause and didn't care about my life anymore. People were giving up on me too. I was so desperate for need of attention, even though it was negative attention because I never got it from my parents or friends. Now I am schizoaffective with borderline traits. I think I finally stabilized on the meds I'm taking, with the support from this forum, my therapist, my psychiatrist, and my family. I've been suicide-free for a year and a half and although I still have ideations, I don't act on them for fear that I will really succeed this time. I think I really don't want to die, just need some help sometimes. Despite my serious mental illness, I graduated form college and was a major achievement for me because I fought so hard to finally graduate since 1989 till 2011. That shows I'm determined, intelligent, and still have some sense in me. I am now in a group therapy program 5 times a week for additions support until I progress further where I can live with minimal support. I am blessed to finally live by myself instead of living in personal care home to another personal care home. I have a lot to live for and I hope I remember that. I wish everyone well, and thank you all for your support.

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am amazed at your strength and determination. You persevered. You are not letting this illness get the better of you. this could really give young people a lot of hope. and older people as well. What an inspirational story. Thanks for writing it mpang.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.