Getting weaker?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by HalfBlind, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HalfBlind

HalfBlind Active Member

Two days ago I walking by the hospital I work at and I saw this guy outside the surgery center, he looked familiar. As soon as he saw me, he called out my name and I went over to see who he was and he told me his name. I still wasn't sure, but then I remembered that he and my "mother" were going out shortly after my dad died when I was younger.

My mother had a few boyfriends after my dads death and ALL of them I ended up hateing, this one didn't beat or rape me like most of the others did, but he knew and gave me alot of shit about it every day. I was about to hit him but I couldn't do it for some reason, I feelt beaten, defeated, like he put me in my place and hitting him make me a poor loser. I've been feeling like this since.
  2. ZundertowZ

ZundertowZ Well-Known Member

just because u choose 2 walk away and not hit him does not mean u were defeated! im the same way i would rather avoid confrantation and i feel the same way at times! walking away probably made hm feel worse! u did the right thing!
  3. tilly

tilly Member

It takes a weak person to react without thinking. You did what only a strong, mature person would do. You walked away. Hitting someone is something anyone can do. You showed enormous guts... Well done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.