1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting weaker?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by HalfBlind, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HalfBlind

HalfBlind Active Member

Two days ago I walking by the hospital I work at and I saw this guy outside the surgery center, he looked familiar. As soon as he saw me, he called out my name and I went over to see who he was and he told me his name. I still wasn't sure, but then I remembered that he and my "mother" were going out shortly after my dad died when I was younger.

My mother had a few boyfriends after my dads death and ALL of them I ended up hateing, this one didn't beat or rape me like most of the others did, but he knew and gave me alot of shit about it every day. I was about to hit him but I couldn't do it for some reason, I feelt beaten, defeated, like he put me in my place and hitting him make me a poor loser. I've been feeling like this since.

2. ZundertowZ

ZundertowZ Well-Known Member

just because u choose 2 walk away and not hit him does not mean u were defeated! im the same way i would rather avoid confrantation and i feel the same way at times! walking away probably made hm feel worse! u did the right thing!

3. tilly

tilly Member

It takes a weak person to react without thinking. You did what only a strong, mature person would do. You walked away. Hitting someone is something anyone can do. You showed enormous guts... Well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.