• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Getting worse again

hope_cope_nope

It's 3AM and I'm feeling really bad and I have insomnia. I was on low dose natrexone for the past couple of days and it really worked, but it's getting less effective each day.

I guess meds can only do that much and without real improvement of circumstances nothing will change.

Anybody wants to chat, because I'm feeling shit for real.

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
SF Supporter
I am up now, will chat this morning. I have not been in the chat but will try it. Reply here, I will check it every so often

hope_cope_nope

Why would you sleep in the morning? Btw, I don't get notifications unless you reply or tag.
I mean: I wake up at 3-4AM and I can't fall asleep again. Sometimes I do, then I will wake up around 8. If I don't, I will get out of the bed around 5 or 6.

This is very tiresome TBH. I am physically tired because of lack of sleep and I can't focus. It's probably a stress-induced insomnia.

Legate Lanius

Try not to kill yourself 2020 challenge.
I mean: I wake up at 3-4AM and I can't fall asleep again. Sometimes I do, then I will wake up around 8. If I don't, I will get out of the bed around 5 or 6.

This is very tiresome TBH. I am physically tired because of lack of sleep and I can't focus. It's probably a stress-induced insomnia.
Good thing you have the pills, CBT or talk therapy could be a good additive.

hope_cope_nope

Good thing you have the pills, CBT or talk therapy could be a good additive.
OK. Actually it does not apply only to you, but to all people in the internet. Why does everyone jump to advices before even asking what I have tried so far? This was annoying me for some time.

Before you say "go to therapy", try asking first "are you in therapy" or "have you been in therapy and did it work" or something similar.

I was going to write about that anyway, but your post is a good yet unexpected opportunity.
I would feel 100× better if somebody asked what was going on with me. Giving advices like that is like ending the conversation prematurely.

I mean: thank you and I appreciate you wanted to help, but this little thing annoyed me for a long time since I started to search internet for people who care. It's not about you specifically, but about everyone. People don't care, don't ask and don't want to talk.

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
SF Supporter
OK. People don't care, don't ask and don't want to talk.
I understand why you feel this way. I work 10 hour days and was supposed to work today but my brake caliper is dragging, I had new pads and rotors put on it last Saturday but I need a new caliper now. Anyway most of the time I am busy, and I am planning stuff for today. And yet I care about you; I care about other people's problems. I just am not the best at knowing what to do about them. I normally get up at 1:30 am EST and if you want to talk early in the morning just message me. Check your PM's.

Legate Lanius

Try not to kill yourself 2020 challenge.
OK. Actually it does not apply only to you, but to all people in the internet. Why does everyone jump to advices before even asking what I have tried so far? This was annoying me for some time.

Before you say "go to therapy", try asking first "are you in therapy" or "have you been in therapy and did it work" or something similar.

I was going to write about that anyway, but your post is a good yet unexpected opportunity.
I would feel 100× better if somebody asked what was going on with me. Giving advices like that is like ending the conversation prematurely.

I mean: thank you and I appreciate you wanted to help, but this little thing annoyed me for a long time since I started to search internet for people who care. It's not about you specifically, but about everyone. People don't care, don't ask and don't want to talk.
Alrighty

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$255.00