Getting worse and worse

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dzd, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dzd

dzd Well-Known Member

Is it worthwhile to see a counsellor again, even if in the past counselling was of no help?
    I have reached a point where I struggle and cry 24/7.
    But this is a crucial period for me, I have my final year uni exams and I have to do well to make up for average performances in the first two years.
    I have so many issues that I cannot deal with anything and wish I had the strength to finally be able to end my life.

2. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Maybe see someone more... Professional? Go to the doctor and see a therapist and maybe get some meds.

Counsellors suck from my experience, all they do is listen.

3. dzd

dzd Well-Known Member

I have been put on meds before, but that did not help me much.
    My problems have been increasing and I'm becoming worse and worse emotionally and mentally.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Then they were the wrong medication you have to keep trying different meds until you get the right ones that DO work. Talk to a Psychologist someone trained in dealing with anxiety suicidal thoughts get help now.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

If it's possible go see a therapist.. They work better than shrinks.. They help you lay the problems out on the table and teach you how to deal with them..I've never seen a counselor but have heard from several people that they didn't help..You may have to go thru a couple of therapists until you find one you are comfortable with.. You still should see a shrink so they can find the right meds for you..Take care!!

6. dzd

dzd Well-Known Member

I know I should see a therapist or someone.
    But I just don't feel like I'm motivated enough to do anything.
    Things aren't going to change and problems will not get sorted. :(

7. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

You don't know until you try.

8. dzd

dzd Well-Known Member

I know. It's just that things have progressively been getting worse despite taking help so I do not have much hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.