getting yelled at for trying to help

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by morning rush, Aug 2, 2014.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

my neighbor knocked on my door and asked for help with the air conditioner. So I go and try to help her but she yells at me because she had pressed the wrong button, I told her not to yell at me, I didn't use that function...but in the end I was right about it...

I mean you try to help, and it's not like I imposed myself, she asked for it, and you get yelled at. That makes me want to isolate myself more...

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

next time don't go to help then and tell her why that you cannot have someone yelling at you You do not deserve to be treated that way

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

She sounds very ungrateful, don't help her again. With ''friends'' like that you will never need enemies. Ignore her and move on, isolating yourself is the worst thing you can do. :hug:

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Hey dont take it personal. It wasnt you. She would have yelled at anyone else helping in your place. Some people when theyre under stress yell as a way to vent their frustration on something/a person. Doesnt matter who. I am sure shes grateful that its working.

5. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I think you're right drownedfishonfire, but it's no excuse for yelling at me. Then she wonders why people don't like her...

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey again, maybe my response was a bit harsh BUT if someone spoke to me like that while I was going out of my way to help them I would expect at least an apology, perhaps she was just very stressed and had things on her mind but there's no excuse and I do hope she at least apologized and ye can move forward :)