Ghosts

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by White Dove, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

Do you believe in Ghosts? if so what are they? Are they lost souls? Are they demons? If one dies and goes to either heaven or hell then what are these Ghosts we see?? They have been documented , caught on tape , so what are they?

what do you think they are?

2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

My random thought...
    they're spirits which are yet to make the transition....
    Or maybe some just hang around? I don't know, because I dont think that everyone who dies turns into a ghost...eek

3. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

I say aliens & ghosts are our human descendants from the year 40160+ A.D.

Think of them as history majors traveling space-time in ethereal form, studying the past through direct observational learning.

I learned of this after slipping on a wet stairwell, suffered brain damage and coma, and experienced direct contact with several entities via the astral plane.

My NDE is definitive proof that time-travel exists, even though you can achieve similar effects through consumption of drugs like DMT, Mescaline, Salvia, etc.

Forget all the scientific evidence suggesting supernatural experiences are the result of stress, anxiety, disorders, lack of nutrients, sudden chemical changes as a result of drug consumption, shock, trauma, etc.

My explanation is more entertaining than that scientific mumbo jumbo anyway.

I'm writing a book and forming a new religion as we speak, I'll keep you posted.

4. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I saw a couple of them when I was a kid. The one looked rather angry, he was standing outside in the rain in front of the kitchen window watching me get a drink. Still don't believe in them tho. It was probably just a delusion or my crazy imagination.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2007
  5. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

I think ghosts can be classified under "gasses".

6. Hazibell

Hazibell Well-Known Member

I believe in ghosts. I think that they are people that havent passed over yet. I have seen one, thats another story though.

7. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

protonaut: Rofl, thanks for the laugh. I like the way you think.

In concern with the topic, I don't personally believe in ghosts, but I do not completely deny their existence. No good evidence has been presented to me to believe in them, so I don't.

8. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I've not seen any evidence of any ghosts. Nor anything that could even accidentally be identified as ghosts.

I figure there's not a whole lot that's impossible. If we can fathom it, it may be possible. But until I see evidence that I find convincing, I'm not a believer.

9. Will

Will Staff Alumni

Since I believe the bible when it says 'the dead are conscious of nothing at all', I don't believe that there are spirits in the sense of people and such becoming. Though, the bible also says that demons can materialize themselves into apparitions and such. So depending on how exact the definition is, I don't believe in human spirits, but demons, yes.

10. Xalcro

Xalcro Well-Known Member

Somehow this just caught my attention...

I'm a really bland person; I don't have any real opinions on anything. Ghosts, or not... I don't really believe in the supernatural, because... that's what they are. They're non-existent, figments of people's imagination and born from stories and film. I don't know if there's a further spiritual essence to anything. I just believe what can be proved. Or maybe, I just believe in not knowing, and accept that. Ghosts are just fear. It's an emotion, not a physical reality.

But yeah... I don't know. I just don't... believe. Not really, at all.

11. White Dove

you want a link to see a ghost caught on vidieo? real or fake? you decide..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQOu4-4GSsY

a quieter version of this ghost

http://www.thebrgs.com/ghostonvideo1.gif

check out the vidioes here and photos..

http://www.thebrgs.com/brgs_gallery.html

i personally have seen more then one ghost.. i know they are real .. it is the unknown that excits me.. in my near death experience i had it was a feeling i just cant explain.. you DO LEAVE your physical body..

12. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

Most of the comments basically sum up this video. Take into consideration:
    1. The video quality is very poor
    2. The windshield is very dirty
    3. Why do they happen to have a camera out, filming nothing but the road ahead of them.

How do you know for sure they weren't ghosts, and could be explained naturally? (Mind played tricks on you, mistaked something as something else, etc..) Also, how do you know you actually left your body, or it was just your mind. I discussed this in a previous post, there are drugs out that can induce NED's, and can be explained naturally.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAywxhVvLU4
    http://science.howstuffworks.com/near-death-experience3.htm

13. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

I was an atheist all my life until I turned 28 years old. I verbally abused christians who attempted to preach christianity to me or ask me to go to church. All my life, I wished that there was God but I couldn't bring myself to believe that there is God in this world cos the world is so full of suffering and bad people seem to get away and the good people have to pay the price.

When I was 28+, while smoking, yes smoking in my airwell, I experienced something that changed my life forever. A holy spirit went into my body for a few seconds and left. I had the greatest shock of my life. During the few seconds, all i felt was love, pure love. I became a christian after that. My whole perspective on Christianity changed. Despite my depression, I still pray to Jesus for help and never would I thought I would feel much better today as compared to last month where I was extremely suicidal. Although I am still very fearful, have anxiety attacks and heart palpitations, I realy hope God would continue to lift me. Maybe the benefit of the doubt should be given that God exists. After all, we are all at the edge of the cliff (so to say) and got nothing to lose.

14. White Dove

because during my near death experience i had a heart attack.. ( well what i was told i had a heart attack ) i seen myself lying on that bed and the docs working on me. i floated out into the hall and into some strange places.. this was not hallucinations ... i spoke to a being of light that told me to go back that it was not my time,

scientes will say and do anything to convince someone that there is nothing after a death but i can assure you they are.. ever heard of Astro travel? do a search on it.. twice. i died, twice i left my body . To know that there is an afterlife is part of why i am still here alive..

tell you what.. if you are determined to see what it feels like to leave your body then try Astro travel.. it will scare you so much when you leave your body that you will jump back into your body quickly.. i know this sounds stupid but trust me it can be acheived.. i was reading up on ESP books and tried Astro travel when i was like 6 or 7 years old..

to try

1 - turn off everything from your mind, the TV, the radio, just be very quiet. make sure your in a place that you can not be desturbed.

2 - lay flat on your back and stare up at the ceiling.. visioulize yourself up on that ceiling looking down at yourself. you got to fully consentrate upon this , start at your feet seeing in your minds eye with your eyes open to the ceiling your feet , what your wearing, like color of socks, etc, go all the way up to your head. you stare at that long enough.. you will be up on that ceiling, but as soon as you get there it will scare you the first time and you will go back into your body..

i know it sounds crazy but you can do it.. i have done it and several people i know have done it, most of them though dont like it and wont do it again for fear of not being able to get back into your body.. if you dont get back in a certain time you die..

do a search on Astro travel and ESP you will see what im talking about.. you , your spirit leaves your body, and it does when you die where it goes from there i cant say because i have never fully crossed over.. was always told to come back that it was not my time yet. but i will know when it is my time.. this is partly why im not afraid of death , been there before..

guess thats why they call it passing.. because its a passageway into the unknown

i know it sounds crazy but when it happens to you and you feel it and experience it then you will know what i said was truth..

15. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

My aunt survived a 6 week coma. She swears that there was a man there when she woke up. He told her:
    "We've been sleeping for 6 weeks" then flew from the room quickly. But we(my cousin & I) were there when this happened. She swears by it that it was a ghost/guardian angel/or something.... no one saw this except her though. Hallucination? She says not.... she truly believes it was reality.

16. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would not completely rule out anything. I don't believe in ghosts, nor do I disbelieve - I say it's impossible to determine one way or the other, and am happy to leave it at that.

Still, I very much doubt that a "human spirit" can exist separately from our physical forms, rather - spirit, mind, consciousness - I see it all as a product of the human brain and the chemical reactions therein.

I mean, I completely understand why humans think we're beyond physical form. We want to survive, we're wired to crave existence. We dream of immortality, we search for justification of these beliefs so much that our mind conjures images of "afterlife", it's a common hallucination. Believe me, I've had my share of heavenly experiences, having consumed a great deal of psychedelic drugs. I've passed out, had out of body visions, the whole deal.

I've questioned my own existence before, due to the power of these experiences. The main difference between myself and those who have faith in an afterlife is that I question reality, meaning I'm open to the possibility of anything, but I don't believe anything as an absolute.

I'm not opposed to those who are convinced of afterlife, not at all. I guess it just seems funny to me to believe in an afterlife when I'm not even sure I exist here in this life. You've heard it all before, all of this could be a dream, etc.

Now, I may not be one to accept absolutes, but there are certainly some possibilities that seem more likely than others.

Check out Fritjof Capra's The Web of Life. A huge eye opener on Systems Thinking, Quantum Theory, Biology, Philosophy, The Nature of Life, etc. In particular, The Santiago Theory of Cognition was probably one of the most interesting concepts I've extracted from the book.

I'm no ghost hater though. In fact, I might consider dating a female ghost. She won't need to eat food, or spend my money on clothes and jewelry, and I won't be forced to meet her parents. Sounds good to me.

17. zebedee

zebedee Member

I dont rule out anything, it might be an afterlife or the universe might be running everything ever simultaneously and we are creating time through our observation.

I'm researching remote viewing and astral projection to prove to myself that Im more than this meat prison and if they spent so much money on project stargate (the american military remote viewing project) for 20 years there has to be something there.

18. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I don't think there are 'ghosts' as solid 'ghosts' as such but I wouldn't rule out weird types of energy. I think there's energy stuff out there..I sound really clever today- 'energy stuff out there..' :laugh: I personally can float out of my body and sometimes through things- I can go into other rooms and I can willingly, and I'm very scared of this, make myself float very high and it's terrifying. I don't have full control over it even in my normal day to day life. The thought has crossed my mind to try things out but I'm too scared. I'm hardly in my body half the time anyway. How this relates to 'ghosts' is beyond me but I thought I'd share seeing people are talking about out of body experiences.

As for heaven/hell..I don't believe that myself no.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  19. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

not sure but isn't a different dimention some would be more perceptives about?
    or simply tricks that the mind-brain plays on some ....... like in some mental state
    where some see hear feel smell or taste things that do not exist? :huh:

good question on which none has full knowledge to answer without doubt ... and this either way.

20. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Ghosts are lost souls, unquestionably... however, I don't exclude the possibility of demons existing, as well, even though it seems unlikely... but it's impossible to know for sure.

I myself have experienced ghosts, several times. I will tell about them, below. Note that I haven't been all tired and deprived of sleep, at least most of the times.

Probably my first experience was many years ago, when I entered a room and saw a shadow of a person behind a curtain that was covering a window inside the house, in the room. It was short, like a child, with very tousled hair, seemingly resting its hands toward the window, as if peeking inside. Immediately after I saw it, it ran away. When I rushed to get behind the window, to check what it was, the lights weren't even on, and no one could have been there, either.

Another time was when my sister and I were downstairs, in the room under the room from where I saw the ghostly shadow. Despite that it wasn't windy, outside, and summer (in the winter, the house can creak), we could clearly hear heavy footsteps. We were alone, as well, but we also checked, and no one was there, or anywhere else, upstairs.

Another experience, a few years ago, was when I sat in front of my computer, in my room. I noticed that the blinds of the window beside me seemed to be open, and I always keep them closed. When I moved my eyes to the window, the blinds actually were open, but quickly closed.

Maybe three years ago, I found that my analogue clock's date marker had moved many days forward. It is highly unlikely that a person could've done it. The clock is a very good brand, so it's unlikely it is defective.

(Continues in next post.)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.