Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by JonathanK, Jan 25, 2010.

Do ghost's exist?

1. Definitely

12 vote(s)
  2. Good Chance

1 vote(s)
  3. Not Sure

12 vote(s)
  4. They Don't

12 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonathanK

JonathanK Well-Known Member

My sister was telling me, the other day, that there was a poltergeist in her house. Anyway, she told me about a bunch of freaky stuff that happened. Anyway, I'm always kind of sceptical on this stuff, but I was curious to know how many people believe in the existence of ghosts on this forum.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
  2. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Interesting. What that ghost did?
  3. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

most of the stuff i've ever heard about ghost is all anecdotal and hearsay which is why I believe ghost dont exist.
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I've heard a lot of stories about ghosts, but I don't know for sure. If they do exist, I hope to never find out first-hand! LOL
  5. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I voted definitely. When I was about 16 my bedroom was in a converted attic, I woke up at exactly 3am and saw a moving grey mist in the rafters of the roof, when I made a noise it turned and faced me. I was shit scared and couldn't get a word out. When i told my family the next day they didn't believe me, and even now since being diagnosed with Bipolar they think I was hallucinating. I wasn't, I did see a ghost.
  6. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I'm skeptic but lived weird things. So not sure.
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Of all supernatural things, I don't believe in ghosts in particular.
  8. corang

corang Well-Known Member

They are real not saying every story is true but ya Ive had a lot of experiances and so has most of my family. Of course living in a house from late 1800s or extremely early 1900s and my town was the site of a major massacre during the revolutionary war increases the odds of us seeing things.
  9. zomby

zomby New Member

ppls who believe in ghosts are goofy and that includes all religious ppls
  10. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Of course not.
  11. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

I'm skeptic too, but now i've changed my mind. Living in an 'old' house , 1900. I have lived with my spirit, (i'll call it a spirit rather than a ghost ) ( i'll call it 'it' , because i still have'nt worked out who it is, or male or female ), for 10 years. And i'm not the only person to experience things in this house. I was a total , non believer.

12. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

I wish I did. Thinking only in terms of science has a way of making the world a very cold and sterile place. There seems to be more hope and possibility if you believe in such things.
  13. LDA

LDA Well-Known Member

They don't.
  14. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Ghosts do not exist.
  15. JonathanK

Oh, she described it as a shadow entity. When she told everyone, they didn't think she was crazy either. My brother in law, and even her brother in law's niece described seeing a shadow like entity in the house. His niece said she saw this shadow man when she was sleeping in the living room 3 years ago. My brother in law claimed to see a man on fire, as well, run out of the bathroom and into the wall in the next room. They would also hear loud thumping noises from the upstairs. Since they had a lot of stuff upstairs, I heard one of these periodic thumps, and figured it was something from one of the piles hitting the drum head. It was pretty loud and happened on a basis of about three times a night. Odd thing was I didn't see anything spilled over next to the drum head when I went to go look while I was staying there. It might have been the metal contracting in the drum head though or something. It sounded exactly like someone kicking the head though. When I was gone, my sister said that that type of activity increased as her and my brother in laws relationship worsened. She even said that my younger niece and nephew (7 and 5) were seeing/hearing stuff too. The neighbors moved about a week before they did, because they thought that a peeping tom was staring into their windows and going into their house and the police couldn't ever find said peeping tom. My sister's suspecting they were experiencing the same thing. As they were packing to move to their new house, my sister said that at one point her Nightmare Before Christmas figure was hurled at her from across the room. Anyway, when they finally got the last boxes out, my brother in law and sister, both, at the same time, saw the shadow man standing in the roadway. I asked my brother in law if switching houses helped keep this from happening. He said that its not really the houses that they haunt. He said they'll come and follow you around, whatever that means. My guess is that means some ghosts are haunted and some people are haunted in his view. They're not even really obsessed about ghosts either. They don't own any books or anything on the subject. To them, its just one of those oddities in life. I've never experienced any ghosts really. I had what some would consider out of body experiences. I even saw myself in one of those experiences. It could have just been a lucid dream though. When I was experimenting with that, when I realized I was dreaming, I would abruptly bring myself awake, my body would be unmovable, but I could see the room. I could also create the sensation of bodily movement while my limbs were perfectly still, have the sensation of rolling out of my body and walking around. There's really no way to know if it was just an elaborate dream or not though. I probably even did that when I was younger. I remember fantastic dreams about getting up and floating around the house. I've never seen a ghost, though, to my knowledge.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2010
  16. JonathanK

Yah, the house was built in 1910. I used to live in a house that was built in 1869, though. I never saw anything, but the attic and basement tended to creep me out.
  17. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I voted "not sure" because I like to never be 100% sure on things that can't be scientifically proven (yet), and if they can I haven't heard of it. I've heard a few stories and seen a few pictures/videos (which of course could have been fake), and have had an experience myself. I never saw a ghost, but I saw a packet of smokes of mine suddenly spring up and do a flip, off of my desk and onto the floor (although, ghosts aren't meant to be able to interact with physical objects, so it could have been something else). I have no explanation for this, as inanimate objects cannot move. And yes, this did happen. I've also woken up and had things missing, or in different places than they were before.

I would love for ghosts to exist, as that would eliminate the idea of death being all there is after life. But when it comes down to it, I'm not sure.
  18. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I see naked people! But seriously i hope they dont... The thought of Sadako stalking me scares the bejesus out of boo... :( oh god why did i google that pic... now i wont be able to go to the bathroom till the sun show up... *CRY someone hold me! wait a min... what's that arm! OMGZ!!! :nerves::faint:
  19. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

20. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

LOL! Just ... LOL.
    I watched a movie about ghosts late at night one time. I don't even remember what it was, but I know I was awake with all the lights on for the whole night.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.