Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by ~CazzaAngel~, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

So, I'm just curious. My question is: Do you think ghosts really exist, and if so, why?
  2. fallingangie

fallingangie Well-Known Member

yes.. rumour about my dorm was that its people would hear a girl crying at night and stuffs. I never really blved it but one night..I was reallt upset and I came back to my dorm late at night. I had to pass the long dark corridor in oder to make it to my room, and yeah I heard the same crying voice myself. That was the day I started to believe in ghosts..though i wasn't that scared or anything..hehe..
  3. ~CazzaAngel~

See, the thought of ghosts really creeps me out.. To think that some reason dead person could be watching me all the time or something. This is not something I normally talk or think about.

It was brought up when I was discussing my next vacation/holiday in the UK next summer. A friend from London will be meeting up with my fiancé and I in Scotland (Glasgow and Edinburgh area)... Well, our good friend wanted to go "ghost hunting" :laugh: She found a vault tour, a friend of my fiancé's has been there and apparently he claims there are ghosts there, and of people that lived in them 100's of years ago, and they ended up there because they had some sort of disease, that I assume was thought to be contagious, since they were sent to live under ground in the vault. Which, he told me about who these ghosts were of. So, now I'm creeped out -- my fiancé, our friend and a mate of his wants to go, and they'll be dragging me.

Anyway, that's what made me start thinking. This is the place, if anyone is curious :laugh: :
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I believe in ghosts....
    my Mum used to tell me her grandmother had seen some...
    A friend of mine was a nurse on nightshift and she and another nurse saw a ghost come from a dying womans room one night.....

Now I'm creeped out too...
    I hope only the good ghosts come around me..
  5. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

I don't. There is nothing to suggest that there are any, other than people claiming to have seen them. (And that has been explained, IIRC.)

No souls+No magic=No ghosts.

Do people who believe in ghosts also believe in, say, the Tooth-fairy, magic flying unicorns, elves who live in stones, demons, angels, yettis, or leprechaun? If not, why not?
  6. ~CazzaAngel~

I don't think I'd want any dead person spying on me. :laugh:
  7. ~CazzaAngel~

I don't think I really personally believe in them, to be honest... However, the thought of it is creepy to me. I noticed a couple people I know really believe in them, and it made me wonder how many people believe in ghosts and why they do. I mean no disrespect to anyone's opinion whether they do or not. Oh, and what is IIRC?
  8. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly.

I don't believe that reflections can do anything but reflect, but the thought of seeing my reflection in the mirror not be copying me, but instead just stare at me, grinning... THAT's creepy.
  9. boo

boo Well-Known Member

As much as i love horror movies, i don't believe in ghosts. There's no point to it.
  10. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

i dont believe in ghosts but i do believe in toast ... i like marmalade on my toast :)
  11. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Yes, I think they probably do. As to why, you might be better asking a Priest.
  12. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I believe in spirits and entities, which I guess are just fancy names for ghosts. I love watching 'A Haunting' and 'Paranormal State.' Although, I've never seen a ghost before, I've seen enough haunting shows to know that they all can't be crazy or hallucinating. Also, if spirits and demonic entities didn't exist, why would the Catholic Church have priests specially trained in performing exorcisms?
  13. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I know there are ghosts....I've seen weird things happen that couldn't be explained with normal things...I've also experienced things...I believe in spirit guides and angels as well so...I guess it all depends on the people and their experiences...

there's no tangible proof that there are, or there aren't so...I guess if the shoe fits, then wear it :)
  14. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

My whole family believes in them-- mom's family, as a child; had poltergeist follow them to several different houses. I spent a good 7 years of my childhood living in a haunted house... and my dad lives in one now.
    I've seen and heard unexplainable things plenty of times before.

That's the reason my whole family prefer cats as pets~ they are useful to protect you from evil spirits!

**totally does not sound like a crazy person**
  15. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

But I did feel something mysterious at night not long after my uncle died. Maybe I just don't want to believe in them.
  16. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Burning sagegrass and doing cleansings around your home can help get rid of them too. I would hate to have a spirit living in my home. :hiding:
  17. Charlie Milles

Charlie Milles Well-Known Member

Of course not.
  18. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

I believe, never seen one but i still believe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.