Girl I like...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by theOtherGuy, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theOtherGuy

theOtherGuy Active Member

Okay, for a while now, maybe since...about January, there's this girl at work I know. I'm like 4 years older than her, but we're both in the same college. I do feel like crap about 99.99% of my days, but when I see her, I'm sort of glad to see her at work. She has this smile that just makes me...kind of...you know. But, when I think about her, I end up getting depressed.

I'm 22...she's either 18 or 19. I've never had a relationship before nor have I ever asked a girl out on a date. Whenever I think about her, I always end up telling myself that she wouldn't like a guy like me. Honestly, what kind of normal girl would ever like a guy who's so messed up in the head. Hypothetically speaking, if I asked her out, and she said yes. I can picture her breaking it off with me in like a day. And then what? I'd feel like more crap than I already am.

I don't know what to do, I'm poor. I don't have a car. I'm not even very social. God I hate myself, she probably hates me.

2. Jackson

Jackson Guest

I would think you'd feel worse if you just let it go without knowing. You have to take risks. Have some conversations with her and get to know her before you ask her out. If she's single, ask her what she goes for in a guy. You might find out you aren't interested anymore or that it's just impossible. Or maybe she'll ask you out if you guys strike up a work friendship through conversation. If she doesn't, invite her to something noncommittal. Say something like, "I'm going to this thing, if you want, you should come...if not, no worries."

3. Freddy

Freddy Guest

Theres alot of good information on picking up women, dating etc.
    Leil Lowndes has some good stuff. etc.
    Do a internet search.

4. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

think of it this way.

When you die, she won't care, neither will anyone care if you took the initiative to take the risk... so take it, because after all it is just life and you can do whatever you want.

5. theOtherGuy

theOtherGuy Active Member

God, I hate my damn self...

Okay, last Friday, the university I go to has a festival where you're allowed to be drunk on campus, you're just not allowed to "visibly" carry alcohol while on campus. So, the plan for a majority of the students was to get drunk or hide alcohol in bottles and be drunk on campus. Along with being drunk...there's stupid things to do and what not. Well, I guess I can't call it stupid when a majority of the students enjoy getting drunk on campus. Anyways...so, there was a concert at night. I didn't bother attending because...one, I had work from morning to late in the evening, I was tired. I went back to my apartment, and then left (because my other roommate was going to get drunk here until 4 in the morning) for a "friend's" apartment. I crashed there. And two, I thought this whole festival was stupid....

Anyways, I digress. So, this girl that I've been talking about, I figured, "She wouldn't go to this shit, she's smarter than that." Anyways, today, while at work, I saw her come in in crutches. Apparently, she sprained her ankle at the concert. I have no idea what happened at the concert, nor do I really care about that concert. So now, I'm at a predicament...

I hate myself so damn much for even caring about this (what I'm about to say). There are two thoughts going through my head...since the minute I saw her (that was about....10 hours ago). One, I feel guilty about myself. I ask myself, "Why the hell should I feel guilty, I didn't do anything wrong." But then again, it feels as though I have. I should of been there...I should of looked out for her. I could of been there to protect her from this bullcrap at school. But no, I thought this event was stupid and avoided the whole thing. I'm not trying to patronize her, I know she's perfectly capable of taking care of herself. She's still alive, that's all that counts. But...that's one thought in my head...all my damn fault that she got hurt. Then I have a second thought in my head. I like her a lot...and I keep thinking that she is indeed better than that, and that she shouldn't have attended that stupid festival. Like, I care about her, but then I'm mad that she went to this thing.

I guess I can give you guys a similar analogy. Imagine that you liked a girl/boy. You really like them...a lot. Then you find out that they're a big giant racist, and you're totally against it nor do you like that. But then again, you still like the person...but you just feel disappointed because of that part of them.

So that's how I feel. I hate my damn self, why can't I even get passed something as trivial as this?

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.