Girl, Interrupted.(spoiler and thoughts)

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jane doe, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

i dont know if u have seen it, its a movie, that i just saw for the 45th time or so. principal characters are Angelina Jolie(liza) and Winona ryder(sussana). Winona ryder is a girl who does a suicide attempt and after that he goes to a phsychiatric hospital by her own will(kinda). Once she`s there, u as spectator think that she`s not that insane to be inthere, untill she actually starts recovering and u see how bad she was at the begining of the movie.

I Feel completly related to Winona ryder`s character, there is a quote of that movie that always makes me cry " I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside."
    And to be honest, thats how i feel. I cant say is all the time, because i feel good many times a day, specially if im busy with something. But today its nightime already here and i see myself reflected in a movie. And i think, should i seek for help? or is this something i can deal with alone?

How come that i cant be happy if im not sad? how come the more i want to die the better i feel? how come that all these questions dont push me to seek for help?
    i enjoy hurting myself, im afraid a doctor might take that away from me, but im also afraid of keep living my life withouth it.
    My suicide attempt was a failure, like many others of many other people, but i didnt feel any regret of doing it. I didnt have an epiphany or a new desire of being alive. why is that?

and also i have the relationship problems with my boyfriend who i still live with. Im afraid to leave him because it might be all because of my self destructive behaviour. Im sure i want to make the decition when i feel better, when i get better, but i just cant look for help.

2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hiya i must admit i have seen tht film quite a few times.not as many as 45 :rolleyes: its def a good film though.
    sorry i dont know th answers 2 ur questions- i ask myself them alot.but if u can.. mabye seeking help from ur doc could really help u. postin here has got 2 be a gd place 2 start though!is for me and loads of other ppl here x
    :hug:

3. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

I think it's best to ask for help. Even if you can deal with something alone, it'll go much quicker and easier with someone helping you.
    Because it gives you some security? If it's been going on for a long time, then sadness can be oddly comfortable and familiar.
    I imagine it's because you feel suicide is a way out of all your current problems, like most people do on SF.
    [/quote]how come that all these questions dont push me to seek for help?[/quote]I don't know. Maybe you're scared of changing your life. The misery you know can feel safer than the uncertainty of change.
    Not everyone does. In fact, I think most people don't walk away with any kind of epiphany, they just keep struggling with the same issues as before.

4. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

I enjoy planning for my eventual suicide (I'm going to go on a trip that I hope will be "fun" and meaningful). So, planning a suicide is "positive" in the sense that that at least it involves setting a goal and working toward it. We would be much better off if we were to set a self-constructive goal rather than a self-destructive one, but if the depression is overwhelming, than it can be very hard to overcome those feelings of desolation.

We are all struggling mightily and we should honor ourselves for the effort that we have already made. We are warriors of the spirit.

5. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

I love that movie

6. pit

pit Well-Known Member

7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I love this movie also and feel that i can relate to various characters in the film. :hug:

8. katy101

katy101 Active Member

"Daisy" the brittany murphy character, is my fav and most relatiable to me personally but I love the film a lot.

9. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

ty guys and gals for the replies. the fact that im here to check on the thread`s replies means im not feeling much better, but at least less triggered for suicide, wich is an improvement i guess, since i only want to hurt myself to ease these feelings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.