Girlfriend Killed Herself 2 Months Ago. Not Sure How To Move On. Need Help.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by StingyFox, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StingyFox

StingyFox New Member

Sorry in advance for this being long, but I don't have anyone to talk to about this. I was with this girl for 2.5 years. Knew her for 4. I can honestly say she was the love of my life. But unfortunately, she <Mod Edit: Methods> a couple of months ago and died while we were living in Hawaii. We were supposed to move in together and live a new life away from the bs in our separate lives. I was going to spend the rest of my life with her.

But I guess the guilt over what she did to me a couple of years ago (basically pushing me away by lying to me about something) got to her. I was stupid at the time. I didn't think about what she was going through. She needed me, and I abandoned her. But important thing was we fixed everything when we rekindled and got back together. She still felt bad though.

I was supposed to see her the next night on my 24th birthday, to which I find out she killed herself. I also found out about her past and how horrifying her childhood was, which were also implications on why she did it. I didn't even know she did drugs until after she died. The text she left on her phone said that she didn't feel like she deserved me or her female best friend; that she would never be good enough, which was the complete opposite.

She has inspired me so much in my life. I'm a writer, and I have written and published 2 superhero novels so far that are set in Hawaii and even adapted a script off the 1st one that I'm turning into a feature film. She served as a crucial character in it. I promised her when she died that I would finish this movie for her, since it's been a huge struggle with getting things going since it's original and considered a risk.

But that's changed. I just want to give up. All I can think about is the guilt I have over her death. I should have saved her. I keep thinking of scenarios in my head that I could have done. I'm in constant pain. It's like someone stabbing you in the stomach and leaving the knife there. She was a good person. She would have never done this to hurt me. I think she was so caught up in her emotions she didn't realize the effect it would have on me.

It's been a terrible 2 months. All I have done is continue to unintentionally destroy relationships with my friends and family. They don't understand what I am going through, and yet some get upset when I speak about it. They say "just move on. It's life." I just feel like a huge failure to everyone. She wouldn't want me to give up, esp on my movie. But even that's not enough to cleanse the pain.

I just want to be with her. Call me crazy, but I did have a sort of paranormal dream one night where I saw her. She looked peaceful and no longer in pain. She had this glow to her, yet she looked sad that she couldn't be there. Now I'm thinking, "what the heck is the point in even struggling day to day when we end up just having our problems solved anyways when we die? Why not just be with her and get it over with?"

I know I sound like a whiny kid, but I can't picture life without her. She was everything to me. All I see myself in is darkness. I don't talk about it to anyone anymore because I know we all have problems in our lives and the least thing people need is someone to burden them, so that's why I'm writing it on here and why it's so long. I'm not expecting anyone to respond.

For the first time in my life, I'm lost and don't know what to do. I just want to give up on everything, yet I'm scared of dying at the same time. I'm scared of the pain. Yet I still want to be with her. If you're still reading, have you gone through this? Is there anyone out there that can relate? And if so, how did you overcome this? Thanks for reading if you did.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  2. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

I am sorry this happened to you, but please don't blame yourself for what she did. its not your fault.

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi. I am very sorry for your loss. :hug:

It's not your fault - she didn't kill herself because of something you did or didn't do. From what you've said, she carried a lot of pain from long before you met.

Grief takes time to process. Allow yourself to feel sad and to remember her. Honor her life your love for her by living a good life yourself - it's what she would have wanted, I'm sure. :hug:

Keep talking to us here on SF. I'll be thinking of you. Please take care!

4. LostInPain

LostInPain Well-Known Member

http://www.allianceofhope.org/

This group helped a friend of mine when her husband of over 25 years committed suicide about 2 years ago. She's still in counseling, but she's doing OK. Hope this helps. Good luck

5. Moat

Moat Banned Member

When it comes to matters of suicide, if you were very close with the person or not, in the end, it is the individual's own choice to end their own lives, no matter what good or bad things have happened in the past. To hold yourself at fault is counter-productive and leads you no where. She made her choice and you should definitely feel sad over it, but never should you blame yourself for the actions of any one person, however you feel/felt about them. Long as you keep tyhe good memories of her alive whenever you think of her, you will always know the love you both shared is still living on in you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.