Girlfriend may have tried to kill herself, please help

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by technoviking, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. technoviking

technoviking New Member

Hi everyone. I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this but I feel like it's a crisis so here goes.

My girlfriend tried to kill herself last night. She's Venezuelan, I'm Australian. I've been trying to call hospitals around Caracas to see if she's been checked in to one but the language barrier is making things very difficult. Most of the time I can't even find a phone number and when I can get through they go silent as soon as I ask if they speak English (I ask in Spanish of course but my accent is absolutely terrible, I'm just reading off a piece of paper)

I've never dealt with anyone trying to kill themselves before so I don't even know how to start checking up on her to see if she's okay. I know her full name and adress and the names of her parents so I feel like I have a bit to work with but I just don't even know where to begin. Any advice would be seriously appreciated.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You cannot do much hun Her parents will have taken care of her im sure You have their phone number leave a msg I hope all turns out well hun

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

techno, not being legal part of family yet makes this a lot harder.. like eclipse says do you have the parents phone number.. if yes try them first.. if not a number then if have address of parents a short letter asking about what has happened is way to go... best wishes.. Jim

4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hi there,

I hope she is safe.. I'm sorry to hear she has been suffering, and I wish both of you well. I will be thinking good thoughts for you all.. We sure would love to hear back from you soon about how she is doing. Take care. ((hugs))

Alex

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.