Girlfriend returns...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by jjjoooggg2, Oct 12, 2010.

1. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

Anyone ever had trouble with a girlfriend and then they come back four years later. She never really kept in touch except one letter. Anyone ever get back with someone that ignored them for years?

2. painwell

painwell Member & Antiquities Friend

I had a girl that I dated for two years. She broke up with me when I left to serve my country in the Navy. She called me out of the blue 4 years later after I got out. We've been married 16 years now.

3. WorldBurns2Death

WorldBurns2Death Well-Known Member

Sounds like you shouldnt but I do not know the whole story.But whatever makes you happy

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

She has a lot of talking to do yes explaining catching up Take it slow okay don't get burned a second time but be open to listening take care.

5. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

great story!

:goodone:

6. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

My ex ignored me for four months then came back. We got engaged and then six months later he leaves me again and tells me he wants to cut contact. So just be careful, if they leave you once they're very capable of leaving you again, no matter how many time they promise they won't. Seems like maybe she left trying to find something better but couldn't find it so now she's back. Maybe she realized she made a mistake after having bad luck with other guys. Be careful, take things slow. Don't make the mistake I made of letting someone step over you until something better comes along.

7. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

No but it could work, four years is a lot of time and whatever caused you to break up previously might not be a problem anymore.

8. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

I never did go back to her but earlier this year I bumped into A girl (I mentioned her in a other thread two days ago ) who I dated for just over two years.

I'll admit that at the time I thought that she was just going to bitch at me for what happened but after having a coffee with her I was wrong.
    After talking to her for a couple of hours it seem like she has done a lot of growing up. It seems that she has gotten rid of her extremely jealously towards any female and is no longer the clingy type. It was also nice of her to actually admit that she was to blame for our relationship failing and that she acted like a child when I broke up with her. It was also nice to see that she was in a stable relationship but admitted that if her current relationship doesn't work out she would be interested in dating me again.

If things turn to custard with her current boyfriend I might actually have to take her up on her offer.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
  9. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

In this situation, I would demand an explanation, and it would have to be a good one.