Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Nuunchi, May 18, 2014.

1. Nuunchi

Nuunchi New Member

I have a girlfriend of 10 months. I'm 17 years old and she is the love of my life. I know people say this stuff all the time and it's really not but she is. I know it. We have been through so much and only about 4 months ago I ended up in the hospital because I overdosed and took 28 of my migraine pills. I was lucky to survive and it wouldn't of been without her. She is the one who found out and contacted my parents. I know that she wants to explore high school and at some point will break up with me to do so. I do know that she truly loves me and will never let me out of her life completely and I don't know what to do. I can't stop thinking about how I'm going to take it and I just want the best for her but I really do know she's the perfect match and she would probably agree even though she wants to "explore high school" I just don't know what to do
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

There is always ways to stay connected phone the internet you will not truly be left without her. You need to stay focus on TODAY and not let your thoughts keep you away from what is happening in the moment. Enjoy living with her ok now and if you are truly meant to be together it will happen
  3. NickA8326

NickA8326 Active Member

I think the sole fact that you feel that love for your gf proves that you feel love in general. Try taking that feeling of love and appreciate who you are and the beauty of the world that you live in. Go on a date with your gf to a park, the beach, the movies, for a walk, just go out there and enjoy the world that you love. Think about what it is about you that makes your gf smile and love you, and what makes your family do the same and be happy and appreciate that. Think about what you love in this world (including things about yourself) and accept that you love yourself, and continue to self love and love the world, and you should feel good again. When you feel bad, don't hurt yourself, instead watch a crazy movie, punch a big pillow, write down your pain in a private journal, or something like that.
  4. SkullDragon

SkullDragon Member

I met my bf when he was 17, I was 19. 6 years down the road and I'm still together with the same guy - so don't give up on it just yet. "Exploring high school" is not the same as breaking up with you, we actually had a break up in high school, it lasted about a month but we ended up back together, if you love her, and she loves you, then that is all that really matters. I wouldn't fear a break up, that is like fearing every bump in the road, you might get a bit scratched up, but it's going to smooth out again. Also when he broke up with me it hurt, it really really hurt, but we kept things civil. At times I wanted to spew insults I knew would hurt him, but keeping my cool we didn't end up with bickering and with "revenge" plots like a bad b-rated teen movie. Keep your cool, I know it sounds easier than it is, if I was you I would probably want to punch me for talking like I knew the situation even if i don't. Probably not helping much, I realize that, but thinks are going to be all right. Trust her, make it clear for her that you will be there for her, no matter how cheesy it sounds, and she will come to here senses and stay with you. (even if there can be some bumps in the relationship)