Girls At School

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Floop, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floop

Floop Member

They Keep calling me ugly and fat. They are the reason i can't eat. They are the reason i don't like living. They are the reason i look in the mirror and hate myself for my looks. They are the reason i feel small. How can i overcome it?
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

They are the ones with the problems...people who are secure with themselves to not have to bully others...I know it is difficult, but please remember that you are not what ppl call, exercise and try to enjoy...and if you really want Karma points, feel sad for them...they are the ones who will feel ashamed of is not easy to be treated this way, but you can do things to improve your appearance (which might not be needed) but they are left with themselves...big hugs, J
  3. Floop

Floop Member

Thanks. I guess it's j hard having it all drummed into you all the time, now it's the summer i don't have to put up with them as much. But they have a similar friendship group to me so i still see them, they seem to be everywer.

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

It's got nothing to do with you they are doing that. They most probably feel like shit and are very miserable themselves and take it out on you.

I can imagine it being terrifying to have them verbally assault your body like that. It sounds horrific and it's completely understandable why you have difficulty with your body and eating.

What they are doing is unacceptable. Has anybody ever told them to shut up or stuck up for you? Have you got any friends you can hang around so you feel safer- does this work?

Have you also told any teachers what you're going through? It might be good to get others involved here, to get the message through to those girls that their behaviour is abhorrent and unacceptable- you never know, they might be doing this to other girls too- but because no one draws attention to their behaviour, this can escalate and continue.

Do you think any of these options are a possibility for you?

When doing this, you're not only protecting yourself from their abuse, you are looking after your body too because you do not deserve this treatment from anyone.

I disagree with sadeyes that you 'need to improve your appearance.' Those girls are in no way authorities of what is a 'good appearance' or your body or fat on women. This isn't your fault. If that's your picture in your avatar you look beautiful and fine to me.

I do encourage you to take some action. You do not need, and should not go through school being terrorised and having the emotional effects of this last however long through your lifetime.

Look after yourself.

5. Floop

Floop Member

reading that helped me alot. Telling a teacher isn't an option because they have things against me that they know and that i don't want anybody else to know and if i tell a teacher they will tell them. There isn't anybody to stick up for me because they have similar friends to me so nobody else wants to get involved and partly because they are scared that they will do the same to them. When i was in primary school i got phsically and mentally bullied for 4 years by a boy that made me stop eating and stay in all the time but then when i moved up to secondary school everything was fine and i was able to eat again and i was practically normal with food and everything again but now it's started again it's the same as a few years ago. Yeah that's me in my avatar, thankyou. Thankyou for you help

6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Don't listen to them. People who are insecure will often point out what they think is wrong with them. Those girls are pretty weak minded, don't let them get you down. There probably jealous of you.
  7. miracletome

miracletome Active Member

Gosh, those people are the worst in school. I dont know if you have the courage to, but if they say that to you again, you should try saying something back to them. They might be in their "group" and you by your self but it just shows them that your not that small of a person at all. They are people too. they prob. got called ugly or other negative things once in their lifetime too. they'll prob. understand but they just dont show it..
  8. jerrin

jerrin Guest

Every girl is unique, with her own needs, style, interests and strengths. At the same time, we believe that most girls can benefit from the principles and values embodied by The Girls' Middle School:

* All-girls environment
    * Diverse student population
    * Challenging academic curriculum
    * Project-based education
    * Social and emotional learning
    * Explicit rights and responsibilities
  9. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Do these girls know that weight is your "soft spot?" If you don't feel comfortable reporting them, have you confronted them cordially to let those girls know how it is effecting you?

Is there a counselor at school you can meet with since there is history of eating issues with you and self esteem issues?

Unfortunately, there are some cruel people out there and out of our control. People can truly be evil. There is a sick notion that others prey upon to make themselves feel empowered-like making others feel worthless or insignificant. We must NOT let them conquer!

We then must learn to build our own strength and resilience.

I can very much relate to the coping mechanism of eating disorders. My mother use to make fun of me as a child and in elementary years, was chubby. I suffered over 18 years with anorexia/bulimic tendencies and I am now 33 years old (still struggle). LIFE truly is miserable.......I hope that you will allow yourself to be helped and develop a strong support system to get thru these difficult parts of your SELF and LIFE
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008
  10. jeffhardy

jeffhardy Guest

Getting kids dressed each morning can eat up precious minutes – especially when you’re running late and the bus is rounding the corner. The fix? Building your child a wardrobe stocked with well-chosen basics that come together in countless combinations.
    just in time for back-to-school, here are our 10 picks for the must-have pieces for boys and girls, and five stylish ways to wear them.
  11. colt45

colt45 Well-Known Member

I know how mena people can be in school. 6th grade to high school was bad. I was fat and on to of that I was short. It really hurt I know.

Allot of girl lookked down on me. I had no confince in myself and I had very few people that I could actually call my friends.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.