Girls Time Out

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by itmahanh, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

So this started as a random thought and well looks like there is some interest. Not sure on whether it will be a set date or time or "drop in". But here goes.
    Rules: 1) No serious business, leave that at the door when you come in. 2) No men (sorry, you guys will have to start your own lol). 3) Everyone comes to have some time out from the hectic day they are having. 4) Keep it clean, no blows below the belt etc. (lol). 5) Everyone have fun.

2. itmahanh

Ok, sitting here with the wine and cheese!! Anyone want to join me?

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

LOL, I've got plenty of wine!! :)
    I love this idea, BTW!!

4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Great idea. count me in! :)

5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I would like some cheese please and of course wine. Hope it is chilled as it was 110 yesterday where I live and it is getting close to that right now.
    How about Penn? and itmahanh how is the weather there?

6. WildCherry

If you want your wine chilled, just put it out on my porch! It's cold here!! Or it seems cold, because 3 days ago it was 90. Now it's 60.

7. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Damn I would settle for 90 right now. Plus all of LA is on fire so going out is not so good..which means another SF Sunday for me.
    This place has really changed my life....I just can't believe how when I look back. Today is ashes_away's birthday and she saved my live on another site one night...well i don't want to dwell on negatives so won't go into detail about how sad I was but she saved me...I love this forum and the whole concept of it.

8. WildCherry

Yeah, you're right; this is a pretty amazing place. When I joined in April, I had no idea how much time I'd spend here or how many awesome people I'd meet.

9. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

i will have some wine appart from im not old enough to drink lol hehe :)

10. itmahanh

itmahanh slips cownes a paper bag. I wont tell if you dont (lol). Besides I'm a cheap *** so it's cheap wine too!!

11. itmahanh

Well were heading into September and we are still waiting for summer. It's been unseasonably cold and so much rain!!! About the only thing that thrived this summer was the skeeters, I know I kept them fed well (lol)!!!!!

12. itmahanh

Ok feel like maybe a call to order or speech should be made here. So here goes..... :drunk: Meeting adjourned. Partay!!! See that's why I'll never make admin at SF! Hee hee

13. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey had a great day today went for walk over a old covered bridge. The one like on sleepy Hollow movie It was really cool all hand made no nails just wooded pegs holding it together. Weather here is cool but i like cool not hot.
    I would like rose wine please with my cheese and a few crackers I don't like red wine gives me migraines. Love this place alot. who did the decor have to hire them..

14. WildCherry

I want a mixed drink. I saw one a few weeks ago called Sand In Your Shorts, and I might make it when I've got enough money to buy all the alcohol.

Quote:
    About the only thing that thrived this summer was the skeeters, I know I kept them fed well (lol)!!!!!

LOL! Agreed 100%. Stupid mosquitos. I started carrying a tube of AfterBite in my purse, along with the other ten pounds of random junk I carry in there.

15. itmahanh

I've always been a little scared of those bridges. Those are ALWAYS the ones that someone meets some doom in the horror movies. Actually have a big fear of bridges, cant walk over them always feel like I'm going to fall. Even the huge ones that cross rivers etc. Look so stupid, clinging to the rail with all I've got and people little kids are running past, people on bikes. Maybe I need to take up bungee jumping from some of the ones I'm scared of!! lol

16. itmahanh

Anyone here ever bungee jumped or anything else slightly crazy?

17. itmahanh

What's the most random thing in your purse right now?

18. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

((bambi)) thanks :smile:
    I'll pass on the wine..ehem..lol..but don't mind if I gorge on some Monterey Jack cheese and trisquet crackers. :laugh:

My pocket book is a condemned area..cordoned off for everyone's safety :biggrin: but I keep it because it doubles as a weapon just in case I need to go all granny ninja on someone :laugh:

19. itmahanh

So the most random thing in my purse hmm... a huge bottle of kaopectate (diarehha med,for the days the IBS meds dont work). It's always there. Sure gets some looks from the bouncers at the doorcheck at the bar though! And always comes in handy for an unexpected game of alphabet from your purse (lol).

*alphabet from your purse... usually done at house parties (jewelery, tupperware, avon you know) The host calls out a letter and you see what you have in your purse that starts with that letter. The first one to produce something wins. Come on... how many people have a "k" in their purse (lol). Winner!!!!*

20. itmahanh

Violet!!! Were running low on the cheese hun. You got some?

And all you guys reading, get out or we'lll have to start talking about child birth, tampons and saggy boobs!! :dry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.