Give a little...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Bambi, May 31, 2010.

1. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Hey I don't know if all of you saw Hazel's post about SF needing donation but I just wanted to urge all of you to give what you can. There is a chance that the recent problems of the server timing out are due to a needed upgrade and upgrades are often needed from time to time...upgrades that cost money.
    Please give what you can, SF needs your help.

Okay lecture over...

2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I know for a fact there are people on SF with with access to $$$$$$. So give it up!

3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I'd donate but I can't have "suicide forum" showing as a receiver of payment on my paypal account.

4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

yea Steve!!! where's the donation! You sold enough lemonade already!

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Boo! You're supposed to be out there washing cars! :p

6. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Are there ways to mask it? I know that a gay forum that I belonged to used a "front" account to accept donations. Not sure about the legality of it, but it helped us stay closeted.

7. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

If I can I will. I mean... My cash is extremely limited lately. I'll see if maybe I can do $10 or $15.

8. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I was just wondering the same thing too since it gives some confidentiality. Many people don't want 'suicide forum' on their account information, like Fawkes said. So maybe "Wild Cherry's Circle of Love and Friends" or something equally innocuous? :cow:

Can something like that be done?

9. plates

plates Well-Known Member

:love: Very funny.

10. WildCherry

Lol! Seriously though, I completely see your point! It's something I'll talk over with Hazel, and we'll see what we can figure out and let you all know!

11. boo

boo Well-Known Member

You guys can buy those Vanilla Mastercards...

12. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I wish I could. I feel guilty coming here and looking for help when I cant help the site itself. If I win the lottery SF is in the top of the list, promise!!!!!! Oh course that's right after I buy the hot little convertible sports car that only seats two so that the kids cant come along while I cruise the open highways with my hair blowing all around, bugs hitting my pearly whites and young men shouting ....hey!!! look!!!..... there's a cougar driving that car!!!!!!(lol).

13. WildCherry

Please don't feel guilty, you have no reason to. Not everyone can donate, and that's okay.

14. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

FYI I donated and it did not show up as "suicideforum" on my bank account..it shows up as "TullyHaz". Not sure why one thinks it shows up as "suicideforum" but I can tell you no such charge showed up on my bank account.
    Bambi

P.S. I don't think anyone should be obligated to give and I never intended my post to put pressure on anyone-truly.

15. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey no worries bout me and the guilt thing. I feel guilty if I use the last square of toilet paper!!! I could be sitting in a court room following a trial and when the judge said guilty I'd probably stand up and ask what did I do now???? lol Just wish I could help the forum in sort of a "payback" for all it has done for me over the years. And Bambi, you're intentions as always are understood as only good. :arms:

16. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

For anyone who is worried about it showing up on bank account then buy a pre paid credit card, problem solved.

17. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I'll donate a bit in the beginning of July, when I have a bit more money. :)