Give me a break!!!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by me_, Aug 20, 2006.

1. me_

me_ Guest

The next person to ask me when will i "settle down" will have to pay for all the people who asked me the same question during this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    People think success means getting married in your early 20s, getting a stable job, having some kids by the time you are 30, and hanging on to your marriage untill you pass away. If someone can be happy with that, i respect that. But my idea of happiness is WAY different, and i hate the fact that people see me as a failure because i don't have the same aspirations as they.

And what is marriage anyway?? If i love someone, does it make me more ... bounded to him?? Does it? I don't think so.
    A piece of paper ... maybe a religious service where most of those present are bored and can't wait for it to be over ... a big party where people eat all night, get drunk and dance ... WTF?? Does that make me love my partner more, does that make me more faithfull to him? I don't know, maybe i am crazy, but i don't understand why people think so much of marriage. In my eyes .. it doesn't make too much difference ... in my opinion it only brings a feeling of obligation for your partner, which can only ruin things.

I am just sick, my idea of happiness is to be LEFT ALONE and ... that's it for now.
  2. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Thats my idea of happiness right now as well, I'm sick of all this pressure at finding a soulmate soon and such. I don't think anybody would ever want to be my life partner anyways.
    Its a shame there's so much pressure in our society.
  3. Depending on what country you live, marriage can be financially beneficial... different tax systems, etc.
  4. me_

me_ Guest

Well my country is not one of those countries.
    But that is not the point. What bothers me is that people can't seem to understand that what works for some might not work for others. I am sick of being told that at my age i should have a stable relationship, or that i should be engaged or married by now. I am not supposed to do anything, i am sick of these preconcieved ideas ( not just about marriage, but in general ) that are simply embraced by people, i don't know why.
  5. me_

me_ Guest

Well I don't think anyone deserves the punisment to be my life partner, people deserve better. :laugh:
  6. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Dont give up!!!!!!!!!!
  7. dark_thought

dark_thought Guest

Yeah, this is terrible. I know what it's like to be seen as some kind of freak because you're not in a relationship or don't have your own house by a set age; especially when family and 'friends' are formulating theories behind your back as to what is wrong with you.

I think the best policy is to just ignore these pressures. I don't care what other people think, let alone family.
  8. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I also hate this fucking peer pressure.
    I just wish I could be like you, to just ignore this pressure, I myself am an extremely sensitive guy. :sad:
    Minute I hear my parent's Indian friends even joking about me finding a bride in India since I went there two months ago, I get so depressed and think that I will never marry and that everyone else will and I will be the only one, a total loser and freak. :sad:
  9. overwhleming

overwhleming Active Member

I want someone loves me who i love right now. Im so dammn lonely all this time!
  10. me_

me_ Guest

Most of the times I ignore them too. But in the last 3 weeks 2 ex-collegues of mine and a friend of mine got married, they are all my age. So basically, those 3 weddings made everyone think of ... WEDDINGS lol, and i was a victim of that ...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006