Give me a reason to live

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dan.y, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan.y

Dan.y Member

I'm 15 and i just can't find any reason to live anymore. My life sucks right now: i have no friends because there are two types of people in my city: those who go out to smoke and drink(nice people, but i hate smokers) and the clubbers(the most stupid people you will ever meet) so i stay in my room all day log doing almost nothing. If life sucks so much right now i wonder what it will be like when i will work all day, come home late, drink some alcohool so i can fall asleep and wake up proud that i made it trough another day.

I thought if i had a girlfriend she would be my reason to live and she would make me happy, but that is nearly impossible for a lot of reasons: i don't have a social life so i can't meet anyone; almost every girl i know is interested just in her looks; even if i knew someone that i like she wouldn't even think of going out with me because of my face - ugliest face i've ever seen: every time i look in the mirror i want to break it...

Give me a good reason not to end my life

P.S. Sorry if english is not so correct.
  2. rx4brdm

rx4brdm Well-Known Member

A reason to live huh?

You're 15!

Reason enough right there. Life just started. You don't know what could happen tomorrow. Or next week, nobody can. But you gotta try! Keep looking, there is someone.

I applaud you for staying away from the smokers.

I can fully understand not wanting to go to the clubs.

There has to be more than just 2 groups of people in your school.

Keep pushing you got a lot of years ahead of you to look forward to. Don't give up now.
  3. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

Hi Dan,

Im very sorry you feel so down. I just said a prayer for you and hope you do too. You are going through a rough period of your life,but it wont always be this way. Im sure there are other types of people in your city you could seek out as friends. Have you tried joining a group that has your interests? Maybe a youth club or other group where you could meet new friends? Maybe you could try to go out once in a while to your local library they may have programs for young people that might be good. Sometimes they show movies and have speakers and go to museums. Why not check that out?

Im sure you are being too hard on yoursefl. You probably have a very nice face. A girlfirend is good but maybe you should wait till you work out some of the things that are bothering you. There are many girls that would like to be with you Im sure. You seem very smart and mature for your age. girls like that.

Tell us more about your life and why you feel so badly. What has hurt you so much? Are you in therapy? I should have been at your age,but I waited five years and that was a mistake. PLEASE seek out help to get you through this. We will be of help too. We care and want you to feel better and go on to have a fantastic life. Which you WILL.

One of the many,many reasons you need to keep going is that this is all going to turn around and you are going to have a great life!!!! You just need to reach out and get help. If you do, at your age, your life will be so great and you will be ahead of So many people. There is so much to see and do in life, so many adventures ahead for you. You should be excited because you have so many choices and great things you can do. See the world and do esxciting things. WOW I think you have a great future ahead of you. WE WANT YOU HERE AND HOPE YOU STAY.

Stay here and be our friend and we'll help you figure everything out so you can have so much fun and be happy. IT is possible.It is already started because you said hello to us. That took bravery!!!! Now we will start getting things into place and preparing you for the good times ahead!!!!

Write me if you like,

4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Hey Dan I remember being 15 I remember getting into drink and drugs smoking messing about getting into trouble because to be honest I was 15 I had no idea who I was, I am 26 now I still have no idea. You want reasons to live? Sure I can give you some, you have such an adventure ahead of you, you are going to meet some amazing people have amazing experiences and find people you can relate too. Sure I will be honest you will meet some idiots to, but when you meet someone you connect with it will make it all worthwhile. There is so much ahead of you, I pretty much beg of you do not throw it away now, give yourself that chance to live

5. Dan.y

Dan.y Member

I agree with you, i'm only 15 and i have a lot of years ahead but why should i keep living when i don't like my life right now and it's not going to get better.

The people i know in my city pretty much fit into those groups and i don't blame them but i'm not like that. I'm not going to do things or go to places i don't like just so people think i'm cool or just to have something to do. Sure, there are a few different people but they have their own friends and interests that don't match mine. There is no interesting stuff going at the library and i don't know what group should i join because i don't think have any interests. I don't know what other people think about my face but i know i can't stand looking at myself and i don't trust myself because of it.

I am not in therapy and i would never agree with that. I posted here hoping that someone can convince me that life is worth living because i don't want to live just for the few good things that might happen to me when there are so many bad things to deal with.

One more thing... i am not religious so that prayer thing doesn't help
  6. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Dan. You still have your whole life ahead of you, don't give up yet. When you're older you might meet people who have similar interests in you and make some new friends. I know it feels like you're an outsider, because you don't like clubbing or smoking, but I'm sure you will meet people who are into more wholesome activities once you're older. When you go off to college you'll definitely meet some decent people.
  7. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Well it's different for everyone, I guess. The reason(s) they have to keep going. So I could tell you this or that...but you might not agree, so...there's little point in me saying much.

I'll say this, though: you could perhaps ask yourself how you would react if someone you know commited suicide. Stop for a second and imagine that. What thoughts would come up in you? Maybe that can tell you something about how you genuinely feel about life.
  8. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Reason number one: You can use this time to discover who you are, and who you want to be. Watch those you admire, and don't admire and go from there. At your age everything is awkward, and confusing. If it were me I would pray and rely on Yahweh. He gives me a reason to live, be the best person I can be, and he gives me hope that there is more to this life than meets the eye. But you are your own person, just suggesting what I would do. Life is a challenge, and it is a war. You have to overcome the challanges, and to do that, you have to fight the war within your soul on what is right and wrong. Life is worth the sorrows, because there are many joys that can be found in it as well. Hope this helps. Blessings..
  9. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I could give you a million reasons to live but it would be pointless.

YOU have to find your own reason to live, no one can do that for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.