give me a reason

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by _Lily_, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Give me a reason not to slash my wrists right now , because i cant think of a reason not to .

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

you matter, you are important, you are worthwhile. please don't hurt yourself.

3. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

I dont feel like a matter , i dont feel like am important or worthwhile .

I just feel like am nothing .

Still cant find a reason not to do this ... tool at the ready

4. Qube

Qube Well-Known Member

Hey reaper,

Just dont do that please.....

You are really important. REALLY.

Every human being is important or else God would have never created us.

Please dont attempt it. Ok.

Hope to hear positive from you.

5. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

I tried to do it but my husband walked in the door before i could do more :unsure:

Just want to keep cutting

6. Qube

Qube Well-Known Member

Hey reaper,

Please dont do it.

See we all have some or the other problems.

Please engage your thoughts in something that interests you.

I request you please dont do it.

Please . Atleast now, you quit that thought. Ok.

**** hugs *******

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  7. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Dont guilt trip me !!!!

How the fuck is me cutting going to effect people here ??
    I understand that people care about other people here if they are going to cut themselves but i have been cutting for 21 years now and guilt tripping me into not doing is hardly helpful thing to do.

Don't you think i feel bad enough at the moment with out that shit ?

8. Qube

Qube Well-Known Member

i am shocked seeing ur reply. But its ok because you are feeling bad and sad now.

Just wanted to say this:

Sorry if you felt bad.

I just wanted to make you feel that atleast I care about you. I did not want to say anything else. Just wanted to make you feel better. Just wanted to show that someone cares. But.....

I hope you feel better and you can still count on me .
    I am again sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  9. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

not sure what you mean about being guilt tripped, that's not my intention. in fact i would be the last person to guilt trip you about cutting because i understand. i've been cutting on and off for close to 30 years (started when i was 14, i'm 45 now). i believe cutting serves a purpose and it's sometimes the only thing we can do when we are overwhelmed. you will stop when you are ready, when it no longer serves a need in you. in the meantime, for myself, i try and cut only enough times and shallow enough to feel better. that way i get the results i want without the scars i used to get. hang in there, it does get better.

c.

10. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Sorry i guess i was being a bitch

11. Cpt-Fantastic

Cpt-Fantastic Banned Member

slitting your wrists will only hurt you more, why dont you do something that you like instead, get a manicure or go shopping, go out with your husband tonight

12. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

My husband is making sure that i dont cut tonight ... going to try and keep myself busy for tonight

13. Cpt-Fantastic

Cpt-Fantastic Banned Member

you still seem unhappy, are you frustrated that your hubby didnt want you to cut yourself?

14. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Yes am frustrated a bit that i cant cut , but my husband has gone to bed and i know were my tools are.

15. Qube

Qube Well-Known Member

I thought you promised your husband not to cut.

Dont u think it would be better not to cut ?

Why dont u try talking abt anything u like ?

*** hugs *** warmth ***

16. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

I only resort to guilt tripping people when it's really bad. Is it really bad? Do I need to guilt trip you?
    You want one reason?
    Your cats! (Two reasons!)
    Me!!! We were just becoming friends. I don't like losing friends.
    Your other thread - I haven't had time to reply to it yet (Been at work, sorry)
    Your husband - does he really deserve this?
    Your future - may be brighter than you know.
    This forum - you understand the pain, you could be of real help to people here.

I should perhaps have put your husband before me and the cats but you can put the list into whatever order you like. Either way there's more than one reason for you to carry on.
    Try to stay strong and be prepared for many a guilt trip. Sometimes it's the only way to get through to us. (My doctor guilt trips me every time I'm suicidal and it works so don't knock the guilt trip!)
    We all care about you Ella. Keep posting and keep ranting. Communication is what's going to get you through this.
    xxxx

17. jeffbuddy

jeffbuddy Member

I don't have any reasons for you, I'm only alive because i was born, lol but if you want to talk to a random internet person I'm here for ya!

18. nbhmty23

nbhmty23 Member

my grandmother is 62 years old. she has battled everything: anorexia , bulemia, depression, suicide attempts, manic depression, etc.
    On top of her 3 suicide attempts, all of which my uncle found her, he actually committed suicide himself.

For over 40 years now, she has been cutting herself. Her entire body is covered in scars, minus her face and chest.

I never ever knew this until 4 years ago, when she forgot to take her medicine and started showing me all of her scars. I was so so so saddened. Not because I couldn't understand how someone could do that. but because I had been there. I knew how that felt. And I was sad for her ..because she was punishing herself. I had no idea how to save her.

Just a month ago, she told me it had been 5 weeks since she last cut. She said for years my mom and uncles would beg her to stop. And she might for a little while. But whenever she felt she had disappointed someone, or ate wrong, etc, she would be back at it.

I asked her what made this time different. What brought her to put down the razor...

She said it was just her choice. She had no outside influence and she always knew that if and when she did stop, it'd have to be up to her.

She's still not cutting.

I say all of this just to tell you, through her story, and me sitting second hand, beside her, no judgement, just compassion. There are other ways to cope. I gently urge you to speak to your husband more , especially when you are feeling like cutting. Once people get over the initial shock of hearing something saddening about someone they love, they are there to help. I promise.

I'm here for you.
    <3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.