Give me a reason

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lola2012, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lola2012

lola2012 New Member

I'm miserable. I've been for years. My life isn't improving but getting worse. Give me a reason to live. I'm willing to talk this through.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Newer meds being developed new therapies new people coming and going and you are here now with people who understand and give great support hun You are not alone now to fight this battle hugs

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

YOU are the reason.
    You are the reason to live.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You don't know what the future holds...each day is different...and great things can happen to you. But you won't know that if you don't stick around. That's the reason I'm still here, and I think it's a good reason to stay alive.

5. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Hey
    I too have had depression for years and it does get beyond the joke somedays.But i find the fight i m having with and the strength i m building within myself for once in my life i actually feel good in me.I try to use the negatives depression can cause and look at how they can be used for good.I still get my days and weeks where irrational thinking comes and this is where therapists come in or my doc as sometimes we need help staying on the rails.Everyday just try and think of at least a couple of posative things in life see if they can help brighten your mood.Takes time to see through doom and gloom sometimes and does take a little effort within yourself too.Keep posting here as you will find support also.Take care

6. lola2012

lola2012 New Member

Thanks everyone for chiming in. It's one week later and I'm having thoughts again. I almost went last night but I didn't have the resources.

I think my biggest issue right now is that I am so isolated. If I had a support system - local friends, therapist, etc. - in real life, these thoughts would be more bearable. I spend most days in bed by myself. I am unemployed. I live in a small town and don't know anyone here. I've been trying to get out of this town for months now, but I'm unable to find a job. (By the way, this town is ranked in the top 10 list of most depressed places to live, so that coupled with my already existing depression makes things much worse.) I am trying to meet people here but everyone is on a different level than me - like most everybody has family and kids. I'm just a young, single female.

I feel so stuck. It is more than just about where I live. It's about not being able to find employment. Not having a social outlet at this stage in my life. Not knowing my purpose for living if I don't have anything to look forward to but a day in bed. And not being confident in myself as a person. My self esteem is low and I don't like myself. I don't have money to see a good therapist weekly.

How do I get unstuck from all of this?

7. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

i don't know where you live, so am not sure if my advice fits or not... but for support groups, have you contacted NAMI? Not only can you find support through them, but therapist referrals (sliding scale), and I even know of people who have been helped in finding employment through them. It's a great place to start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.