give me some reasons to live

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by aki, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aki

aki Well-Known Member

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I care about you.

A lot of people care about you.

You are needed here.

You are unique.

We need more people like you in this world.

Elizabeth, whats caused you to ask this question?:sad:
  3. aki

aki Well-Known Member

just so much pain gone past the point of explaining or expressing it pain. your body can only take a certain amount you know? it will give out in the end. it's like there isn't a choice, you're destroying yourself as a defence...or just a complete overload of it.

all those reasons you said are valid...but...i don't know...
  4. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Becos 2morro everything could be better than 2day :)
  5. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

Because you're scared to die.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You never know what tomorrow may have in store for you. Everything may seem to be spiraling out of control and overwhelming, but when you finally are able to get your feet planted, things may turn around.
  7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

...i just read this post after your visitor message. :sad:

A reason to live? Maybe you know better than us.

But the pain you're describing- I've been there. It's like walking through 3 foot mud and you can't breathe.

When I'm at a stage where you are now, it's just a matter of riding it out, until it doesn't get so severe, (usually I'm very numb at this point numb and hurting if that makes sense, if you can relate?) and also realising, I've been at this place many times in the past and have survived and still have hope.

How long have you been feeling this bad? :hug:

Remember those posts about being passionate about life? You said so there yourself in those posts, - animals, music, art. You said it only a few weeks back. :smile:

But right now, it's the pain that's bothering you so badly and what has helped me personally, if I feel like my body is taken up with it, is finding some way to get that out of me. It's like you're going to explode, you know? Anything gestural can be helpful. And destroying yourself is something you're used to. Have you tried destroying something else rather than yourself?

It might also be helpful to think what are you defending yourself from? What is bothering you (and a good therapist can help figure out what you're defending yourself from, what your pain is all about to make it more understandable to you). I can remember you said writing helped you. Writing is great. If you can't express the pain, if it's something you can't formulate into words, images can be more direct. You could just let yourself just go crazy on paper, on anything, it doesn't have to look good.

Look after yourself, I will be thinking of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.