Give me strength`.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sa Palomera, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

The past days have been so surreal.
    Then today when my stepmum was here, which was something I'd been looking forward to and which meant a lot to me, It just hit me.

Is this all? Will life consist out of giving up many things in order to be able to speak to those u love, only to feel lonely in the end anyway because when it all comes down to it, the only ones who are actually around, both physically AND mentally are ur pets.

What's the point in all this, when u know that in the end, the things u work to achieve won't last longer than a few years. Just the thought that by the time I've achieved what I want to, in regards to job, career and family I'll have worked for that over 28 years, and I'll only have a few years to enjoy that? then why even try?
  2. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

I think that in this life, we can find fulfillment in lots of things that are, as you say, temporary. But they're fulfilling in the meantime and can give our lives direction and meaning. In addition to that, may I recommend a personal fulfilling relationship with God?

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Your life beyond those things is what you make of it Ish. If you think things will always be at a dead end, then they will remain stalled forever. It is kind of like the brain teaser about seeing the cup half empty or half full. In the same situations, how people view things makes a difference in the overall attitude. I hope your glass can be half full.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.