Given a chance , what do you really want to become in life ? Why ?

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Thauoy, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

If I am given a chance ,I would want to become a SAINT ( GODMAN ) .
    Not like those who take money out of people in the name of helping them or those preaching religious supremacy or those fighting for god supremacy.
    But a true holy man who will console and serve suffering people with pure heart.

Quya, adamsky and Brian777 like this.
  2. bobbob

bobbob Well-Known Member

I'd like to become what I was a month and a half ago before my life and all my hopes turned to dust. It wasnt the best life in the world but it was a good life and I loved it. Now my biggest ambition is to not wake up in the morning.

Brian777 and Thauoy like this.
  3. bobbob

bobbob Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great and achievable goal.

Thauoy likes this.
  4. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

May your good life be returned to you. Don't know how to console you.
    Just thanks for replying.
    Best Wishes.

may71 and bobbob like this.
  5. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

By the way , what happened to your life. I am curious to know. How all of a sudden your life turns bad ?
    For me , life was extremely bad since the beginning. I had been suffering through out my life. I have already attempted suicide two times.
    No one to love me, always alone, frustrated and having unbearable mental pain. Feels the same as you mention above - "never wake up in the morning ".

6. bobbob

bobbob Well-Known Member

Hi Different
    Sorry you have had such a hard time. But I think things can change for the better for most people. May just take a bit of time and being gentle to yourself while you get there.
    As for me, following major hearing damage, I developed very severe tinnitis (i.e. constant loud noises in my head). The doctor told me that the loudness is equivalelent to someone shouting in my ear! They can tell by seeing how loud noises have to be for me not to hear the tinnitus over them. The noises are so loud and distracting that I have been unable to work or relax and hardly able to sleep and my marriage has ended. The big problem is that there is no cure for tinnitus (after the acute phase) and so I will have these constant piud noises for the rest of my life. I think it may just be too much for me to bear. But who knows. Ive not given up yet.
    Wishing you all the best and hope you find happiness soon.

7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

My dreams are probably unattainable, but I've always wanted to do something with writing. I've been writing for about 25 years and would like to make a career out of it. I would also like to make music and to direct movies. But some of my more realistic goals are to get married, have my own family and be happy.

8. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

Rather than what I become I would instead like to focus on what I want to do. What my doing makes me become is for others to figure out. I'd like to do science, experiment - real experiment I'd like to be able to develop a model in my head, I'd like my imagination to reflect the real world.

9. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

It feels really good to know your dreams and goals . Your goals are realistic and achievable. Please never give up on your goals .
    A Big Thanks for replying.

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  10. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

It is really interesting to know other peoples desire and goals. Just thanks for replying.

Inspire&Inquire likes this.
  11. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Thank you :) Don't ever give up on yours either :)

12. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I'd like to work with animals, specifically rescuing them from abuse, getting them back to health and find good homes for them. Animals teach me many things about how to live, they live in the present and dogs have taught me what unconditional love really is. Either that or a Boddhisatva, but I doubt I could handle that position.
    Brian

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  13. adamsky

adamsky Member

Mine is simple small home in the country with a wood craft room were I can turn pens and sell them online with out having to see people but this will never happen just a dream smiles.

calvinandhobbs and Brian777 like this.
  14. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

I would like to win the lotto so I could finance single parents, abuse victims, sick people who need housing and transportation to hospitals, SPCA's with all the rooms and treats and vet bills covered, and pretty much whatever people need. Not want... Need.

adamsky and Brian777 like this.
  15. Kaien

Kaien Member

Given the option to be anything I would be a stand up comic. I realize that sounds silly but I really do believe laughter is a rare gift and that even a small laugh can help someone in a tough situation.

I have always idolized Robin Williams and his ability to touch so many lives through his comedy and I would love to be able to help people like he could.

16. sunnypseudo

sunnypseudo Well-Known Member

I'm a little torn, I want to become a successful artist. I don't even care if it happens after my death (natural causes is preferable ). I want to effect and inflict the reflections of myself on as many people as possible. There was no feeling better than when I completed The Nobodies and so many people from different walks of life and different interests who all took away something different from the piece, I want to do that on a large scale.

That or become a spoiled house cat. I am very serious, no joking. Really, does anyone have a better life than a spoiled rotten jerk house cat that can do no wrong?? I know I wouldn't mind switching places with my spoiled jerk face cat..

17. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

If I could become anything, it'd be a professional musician. Probably a bassist, because bass is one of my favorites of the instruments I can play. I'd play in the orchestra for musicals or in a jazz combo, or even be a rock star. Music is one of those things where I can just lose myself in it (in a good way). But I've already given up on this dream. I am working towards something more attainable.

Thauoy, Brian777 and Corvette like this.
  18. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

If I could "do anything" I would make a difference. To as many people as possible, in as significant a way as I can. I used to have a template of what that looked like but for one reason and another, doing it in that way is no longer possible. I guess that means I need a new template. That is the harder part.

Thauoy and Brian777 like this.
  19. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

well if I could do "anything" then I would like to create and lead a utopian society, on a massive space station, in space :)
    But, because its pretty much impossible, then I guess I would like to become a good father, a loyal husband to a beautiful and smart and nice wife, a father that can support his wife and children in all the best ways.
    to have 20 children, and to spent as much time as possible with this little family of mine

but that's me :)

Thauoy likes this.
  20. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

Sounds fantastic ! For me three beautiful children would be fine.