Given the cold shoulder

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by SAVE_ME, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I took a month or so away from the internet to help me get over the break-up with my ex, but now ever since I got back online it seems that all of my online friends have been giving me the cold shoulder. I just don't get it. What did I do wrong? Why are they acting this way towards me? These are people that I would chat with everyday and now they're ignoring messages and IMs, and never seem to want to talk to me anymore. And I just don't understand what on Earth I've done to get treated this way by them. I mean, I like to think I'm a 'nice guy' (well, I hope so anyway). I've never done anything to deliberately upset them. Sure, things were pretty messy with me and my ex and it caused a bit of a rift but I'm over all that now and I've moved on. And I've always been there for them whenever they've needed some support or w/e, I just want to know what gives here? Hurts to be treated this way. I'm seriously considering staying away from MSN, myspace, facebook and all other chat places from now on.

2. shed

shed Guest

That is so common on the internet.

The internet often works on an 'in sight in mind' type thing, and then when someone goes away and you get out of the habit of talking to people, that's often it, and these people move on.

It's far more fickle than in real life, and also more easy come easy go.

Have you tried talking to those people about this?

I have found this happens to me a lot. I don't get emotionally attached to anyone on the web now. I feel nothing for anyone because then I don't get hurt if they lose interest. Maybe it might be worth trying not to put so many hopes on internet friendships? I know that is easier said than done, especially if you don't have many friends in 'real life' but that might be the only way to stop getting hurt.

3. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

It is true and i've been through it often. We put too much energies, hopes and wanting from 'friends' met online. You have to put more energies in 'real life' and less on internet friendship yet dont give it all up. NOT ALL are like this, i have had friendships that lasted years. Yet we will always get hurt as people move on or for some reason, sorry about your bad experience, do tend to loose interest for some time or reasons. Maybe they are selfcentered or maybe they just have too much on their hands to pay attention to you but will come around in a second time.

Hope you do an introspection and realize the reality of internet and of your needs versus your wanting from unknown people you never met nor will ever meet.

I wish you all the best.

be well and stay safe.

granny xx

4. patacake

patacake Well-Known Member

that sounds rubbish for ya sean , id love to chat to ya hun

take care :hug:

Jo xxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.