Giving In

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by IceStorm, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceStorm

IceStorm Active Member

I no longer care to resist the urge to cut. I need something and for now that is what I have. It'll be good bye to many years of not doing it but I have to be able to function adequately and right now I am not doing that.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Don't start ok you know it will be very hard to stop use here to help you talk to us here release the pain here ok or reach out to your doctor or someone you trust just know you deserve only kindness and care not more pain hugs

3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

how long have you been harm free? me it's been 3 years...but these days have been hard, I've been thinking about it a lot...I want to numb things...I don't want to feel things

4. IceStorm

IceStorm Active Member

I know starting again will mean it will be hard to stop. I need to be able to function at work and at home and I am not doing that well at the moment. I have been looking and comparing suicide methods and I cannot go there. I have a daughter to consider. She had some special needs and can be a challenge and I need to be able to meet those and not have my issues affect her. Regardless of how I feel I can usually put on a face but it's not working well now. I use distractions to get past the urges but they are not working. There is just too much happening at the moment and I don't know how to keep it together any other way. I am seeing my therapist more right now and I see her again on Monday and I will talk to her.

5. IceStorm

IceStorm Active Member

It has been over 20 years since I last cut.

6. morning rush

wow 20 years is a long time. Congrats on that!

7. morning rush

I'm so sorry, I wish I could help you. Maybe get your hands busy with something and keep them occupied? but you probably thought of that too since you mention coping mechanism...

the fact that you came on here is a good sign you're fighting the urge and want to keep going...can you get support for you since you sound like the only support for your daughter...sometimes they have programs that can help you cope or get a breather...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.