Giving up the internet.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by NoMoneyToPlease, Apr 7, 2011.

1. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

About a minute ago I found something online that is worth giving up the internet in favour of.Ironic huh! :)

It is not religion an ugly rich woman who wants baby or any kind of criminal endeavour.

Maybe it's a feeling brought on by the sun shining through the window but I feel like I have been hit with the epiphany stick.

This is something worth doing.

Trouble is,what I am about to do will benefit me in no way at all,and as a result I am currently struggling with the selfish thing inside of me.

Please,somebody give me a reason not to give in to selfishness.:sad:

At this moment I cannot afford to stay on the internet and do this at the same time.However the pull in the direction of sowing some karma seeds that will bear fruit for someone I will never know in my lifetime is way too strong.

The internet is just a toy right?
    Fundamentally,don't we all just end up talking to ourselves through the use of this this medium anyway?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

internet is a life line for some although the sun i prefer when it is out
    internet can be many things but when i am on it as much as i am it is a dsitraction from the real world. Go out and enjoy the sun i say

3. NoMoneyToPlease

Good advice.The internet has more or less functioned as a zone of interperosanal torture,delusionment and disillusionment for me.

4. oval

oval Well-Known Member

sad to see you go but i agree with you both. i always loved reading your posts though :laugh:
    i hope you will have some quality time offline!

5. Project Atlas

Project Atlas Member

Don't feel guilty. Go for it. I had a moment like that too 4 years ago, but the internet was also the reason for my emotional downfall. It was negative content concerning my personal "epiphany".
    It's not selfish, trust me. If it makes you happy then it will likely make you a better person, improving your life and the lives of those you know. Don't be like me.

6. NoMoneyToPlease

Loud silence,how sweet of you :) ,but my time internet has be mostly an empty outsiders experience.

This site and the people on it are very rare,that is both a good and a sad thing, but it is the way things are nonetheless.:anony:

7. NoMoneyToPlease

Tank you project atlas.

The tough thing though is fighting the selfish addictive pull to stay on the internet.
    The internet itself is even beginning to feel a little bit special right now.

Such is the condition called human.

8. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Sometimes its worthwhile to just take a step back and do something else for a while to go and take stock of things but dont give it up for life. At the end of the day im with you on what you said about the sun. It makes me wanna go and do something consrtuctive. This is the time of year i love the most so im probablt gonna join you for a few months at least :D

9. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Sometimes we have crutches and we do not even know it. I hope you can give up the internet and live a happy life.

10. NoMoneyToPlease

@Angerfist-i am thinking of leaving the internet to spend a few years in the corporeal realm before human babies start being born with chips in their head.
    Not potato chips...computer chips. :)

@Forgotten-"Man-Sometimes we have crutches and we do not even know it. I hope you can give up the internet and live a happy life."

Wise words from a wise wordsmith indeed. :)

11. xela007

xela007 Member

the internet can be used wisely

and with "CAUTION" I had times when I was
    about to go NUTS from working online
    Coumputers in general aren't something to
    joke with................

I guess you're right...... leaving the internet for
    a while and breathing some fresh air
    would be the best bet

congrats don't worry too much about
    your decision it's a good one ;)