Giving up

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by yardy, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yardy

yardy New Member

I am 26 year olds and suffered with depression for the majority of my teen - adult life. I have attempted sucide in the past and feel like I did back then.

I split from my partner shortly after finding out she was pregnant. I now have a 9 month old beautiful baby boy and hes the only thing stopping me but I dont know what else to do anymore. Ive tried counselling, pills the usual.

I have a high stress job as a Youth Development Worker with constant pressures and anti social hours. Works really dragging me down at the moment and I feel like quitting. Currently doing my Youth Work degree and this is another stress enviroment.

After the split with my Ex I had to move back into my mums house and again share a room with a sibling.

I am financially crippled, I am a serial spender to try and make myself feel better but I am in serious debt problems. This is preventing me from moving and its all I can think about.

I recently lost my uncle that devastated me, this sunk me into further depression and I havent got out of this rut.

I am quite overweight and was going to the gym and was relatively happy. But for the past few months I can barely get out of bed, my work is suffering and my managers are getting more and more annoyed with me.

I feel completely out of my depth and got really drunk on Saturday night. As soon as i did all i thought about was ending it all. All i do is put stress and strain on everyone and everything i touch. Ive had enough

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HI hun i do hope you can get some therapy for YOU again Yes i know your job is very stressful hun anyway of getting some leave time so you can spend time on getting you stable.
    Your beautiful baby hun will need you to hold him and love him but first hun you have to love YOu ok hugs

3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

sorry to hear that you have so much stress.

In the position that you are in, it's probably best to either quit or see if you can take a leave of absence. Losing income would be bad, but if you're suicidal taking care of your health is the top priority.

the link in my sig has some info that may be helpful to you, especially the book "curing depression naturally with chinese medicine"

seems to me that you have a lot to live for, and that things can get better for you. I want you to be there to see your son grow up and stand beside him!!! we're rooting for you here and will try to help you get better!

4. yardy

yardy New Member

Everything just seems like it's to much and I don't see a way back

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It will be hard for awhile hun but it will and does get better ok There is a way back hun just keep reaching out here for support and to people around you in real life

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.